VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Floor shifter

Floor shifter Empty Floor shifter

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Has anyone changed from the column to a floor shifter? I have a 63 w/6 cyl 3 speed. My column works fine but I thought it would be cool to have a floor shift.

Floor shifter Empty Re: Floor shifter

Post by Guest Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Yep, have you seen my 66 Econo, Vanishing Breed. It has a C5 tranny with B&M Ratchet shifter on a console in front of the dog house. You can see it here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/733977

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way and there is a good pic of it.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Wow! Cool van, and web page.Very nice work. I wonder if something can be done with my 3 speed or if I would need to go to an automatic. These were built with automatics so I guess it could be converted. I am over in San Juan Capistrano and I see you are in Highlands. Do you have club events that I could go to?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:04 pm

If you go to an automatic you can get a stock Econo steering column set up for automatic trannies or do what I did. My club generally attends all charity car shows in our area. We like to support the area we live in. We do have parties at times and we always go to the Econowest meet in Pasadena. If you want I can let you know when we will be doing something. Not much going on here right now. We do have weekly meetings. Our biggest events are the Route 66 Rendezvous in San Bernardino, Calif. and the Veterans car show at the Jerry L. Pettis Memorial Veterans Hospital in Loma Linda, Calif. . Charities that help kids and veterans are our favorites. The one at the veterans hospital last year raised over $320,000.00 for the veterans at the hospital. It is a one day show.
    66ThunderVan
    66ThunderVan

Number of posts : 384
    Registration date : 2012-01-08

Post by 66ThunderVan Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:45 pm

A floor shift can be hooked up but it will take a little fab work. You can bend the shift rods to clear but I made extensions off the trans so the rods were straight. I don't have any pics so I hope you get the idea. I had a toploader 4speed with a straight gate ratchet shifter and it worked very well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 am