VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

WHAT IS IT

WHAT IS IT  Empty WHAT IS IT

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 am

I BOUGHT A 1970? CHEV VAN THAT SOMEONE MADE INTO A CAMPER VAN THEN ADDED MORE GAUGES TO IT LIKE OIL TEMP,TRANS TEMP,TACH,AND VOLTAGE AND OF COURSE NONE OF THESE WORK BECAUSE SOMEONE BROKE IN AND STOLE THE RADIO BUT TORE THE DASH UP IN THE PROCCESS HAVEN'T BEN ABLE TO FIND A REPLACEMENT DASH OR A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR ALL THE EXTRA STUFF ANY IDEAS I THINK IT IS A G OR C 20 THE 0 PART IS RIGHT NOT SURE OF THE C OR G THOUGH MARKAM affraid
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

WHAT IS IT  Empty Re: WHAT IS IT

Post by Scott Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:48 am

If they are aftermarket gauges you might find the install directions on their website. I used Sunpro gauges and was able to download the directions before I bought the gauges. I went ahead and ran the wires for everything at once, then later went back and bought the gauges.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:59 am

if there are any brand/maker names on the gagues?? Google about them. Usually all aftermarket gagues use same value senders also. the wires on the back- depending on type gague will usually be 1 =gague lite 1=power to gague & 1= wire to sender. except volt & amp gagues -diff. Thats for all electric gagues - mechanical gagues are diff .
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:32 pm

We need to know what you got,,,,,this is a 1970 G-10 Chevy Van,,,,,do you have this same dash? It has 5 lugs on the wheels,,,If you have 6 lug wheels, you have a G-20

WHAT IS IT  Harry_50

WHAT IS IT  Harry_51
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:43 pm

,,,,now this is one of them there official 2nd gen, 1967-70, Chevy Van Campers.......is that what you got?

WHAT IS IT  1968ch10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:36 am