VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
DanTheVanMan
dix
Admin
NoBiggie
Magic Bus
BILLS66
G-Man
wideload
12 posters

Haven't been able to access forum

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Haven't been able to access forum Empty Haven't been able to access forum

Post by wideload Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 am

Anyone know what has been going on??? This is the first time I've been able to access the forum since Thursday. I know I'm not the only one because of post I've seen on VCVC and an e-mail I got from M1D.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Haven't been able to access forum Empty Re: Haven't been able to access forum

Post by G-Man Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:15 am

I also could not log on Friday????
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:27 am

I couldn't log on friday. Bill
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:29 am

I was about to go out and kill myself yesterday cuz I couldnt get on either.

Another forum that I used to frequent just disappeared one day and never returned, thats not funny
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Post by NoBiggie Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:02 am

No problems on my end.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:16 am

seems our host is having issues Sad which is rare...

hope they get it fixed soon
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:34 am

I just went to the help forum to see what's up... The problem is widespread on forumotion in several countries and the techs are working to correct it...
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:42 am

did not have any issues here...

Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 am

Everything was working here. I was on and off all day yesterday. bom

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Haven't been able to access forum Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    ditdater
    ditdater

Number of posts : 590
    Registration date : 2010-11-06

Post by ditdater Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

I actually went on vcvc ,posted a thread t see if anyone knew anything . because where it took me to as tried to hit forums ,cache something ,w a white background ,i could see where tthere were people loged on , so felt it was my computer, but just got on this morn . AND YES , just a day , but BOY I did realize this bunch of guys on here are such a help, and blessing to this non-machanic , so often !
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Everything seems good up north...no problems here other then my internet provider taking a dump for about 3 hours. I was in friday evening.
    VCVCSmiley
    VCVCSmiley

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by VCVCSmiley Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Most often, it's not with the entire hosting service, but perhaps with one of their server farms; which would explain regional accessibility issues.

scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Still having problems in S MI, not always working and did not work at all last week until today.
    VCVCSmiley
    VCVCSmiley

Post by VCVCSmiley Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 pm

scarlin wrote:Still having problems in S MI, not always working and did not work at all last week until today.

When something like this occurs, it may be necessary to clear your history cache in your browser. It will force the page to completely reload from the server, without the help of any potential cache from previous visits stored on the browser memory.
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by scarlin Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Normally that would sound like good info but 3 different computers? at the same time. It still has been hit and miss today. the only problem with all 3 is here. everyone else works.
    VCVCSmiley
    VCVCSmiley

Post by VCVCSmiley Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 pm

scarlin wrote:Normally that would sound like good info but 3 different computers? at the same time. It still has been hit and miss today. the only problem with all 3 is here. everyone else works.

Depending on circumstances, it most certainly could happen to all three. Cache refreshing isn't a problem, per se. When the computer "calls" for data from a server, it will usually draw from stored information on the user end as a faster route to a place already traveled. If there was a problem with the V-V host server and they moved their databases to mirror or backup server, the routing info you have stored in your cache will no longer be valid. Emptying the cache will require your computer to call ALL the information new from the server, rather than just any updated data.

If the problem persists, reset your shared router and see if that helps.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 pm