VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

GM 'S Super Cruise ...

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Empty GM 'S Super Cruise ...

Post by Vanish Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Man I just seen this on TV .. GM'S Super cruise !!!!! Cars will be driving them self's here before Long .... were will it end ... first technology takes your Job .... now it wants to drive your car ..... you better keep an eye on this thing .....

m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Empty Re: GM 'S Super Cruise ...

Post by m1dadio Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 am

Ya I saw tht too, and some manicapalities are going to aprove the auto driving cars.

Then it will migrate into people are not alowed to drive thier own cars (or vans) because we make too many mistakes compaired to the computerised driving vehicles.

Ya! real good idea
    GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Untitl10

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Cab10

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Nissan10

I look forward to being in down town New York in a trafic jam of 50,000 computerised taxis when a solar flair makes them all go bazzerk.

Talk about an incroachment onto your freedoms and rights. Thats what is happening as mayors and polatitions deside how you will comute in thier city.
    Its allready happening in Canada in a very covert way that only soem are begining to recognise. That is the public busses and transit systems in big canadian cities are for several years being funded by taxes on gasoline. Its gotten so out of control and considered normal now that all the polaticians and media talk is alll in favor of public transit busses and light rail through the city that mega rail projects are under way costing billions to build and every year more tax is applied to gasoline to pay for it and its all being driven by the CEOs of the public transit sstem. If fact last year the CEO gave himself a major pay raise emediatly after getting 4 cents a gallon added to provincial gas tax to finance expanding the buss system in Vancouver.
    Yes thats what they are doing, making private vehicle opperators pay for public transit. Eventualy people will be economically forced into taking the buss. Or Johnny Cab as it may be. So its a win win situation for those apposed to private transportation.

Coming to a city near you, stay tunned!

M1D

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Well here in My Small town We had 7 meter readers .. for the power company .. they drove around in 7 trucks reading power meters .. well the power company here has spent the last 4 to 5 years replacing our power meters .. with SMART METERS .. These meters Don't need to be manually read !!! they send the power usage right back to the home base .. and they never need another person to ever go meter reading !!! So the power company sold off the 7 trucks and told 7 people there out of a job here !!!! Great for the power company ... BAD FOR EMPLOYEES !!!! I Can see this super cruise thing going to work for cab company's !!! as well as trucking company's !!! maybe not tomorrow but someday soon !!!!! Just think of those people that it could affect !!!!!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Yes - seen that report! I really dont think we will see that done in large areas-As im coming 65 nest bday & juat went thru 1 of 2 catarac surgerys this week - I can see it as some importance to us old folks. yet!! I just cant see all the old folks being able to afford this new car & concepts - along with the retirement ages raised up also. We'll all work till were dead likely-I still like the aspect of burning rubber & seeing what ever im driving going past the usual slow speed limits - at least Texas has gone to 80mph on some roads . Montana still has some roads with an unlimited speed limit -if you get tagged by rhe local police there=-you just pay him a $10.00 fine & no record is reported. Dont seem right @ 4 bucks a gallon to chase any car doing 100++? The car thing is like the magenetic trains & cars there experimenting with for years .now.
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 pm

m1dadio wrote:Ya I saw tht too, and some manicapalities are going to aprove the auto driving cars.

Then it will migrate into people are not alowed to drive thier own cars (or vans) because we make too many mistakes compaired to the computerised driving vehicles.

Ya! real good idea
    GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Untitl10

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Cab10

GM 'S Super Cruise ...  Nissan10

I look forward to being in down town New York in a trafic jam of 50,000 computerised taxis when a solar flair makes them all go bazzerk.

Talk about an incroachment onto your freedoms and rights. Thats what is happening as mayors and polatitions deside how you will comute in thier city.
    Its allready happening in Canada in a very covert way that only soem are begining to recognise. That is the public busses and transit systems in big canadian cities are for several years being funded by taxes on gasoline. Its gotten so out of control and considered normal now that all the polaticians and media talk is alll in favor of public transit busses and light rail through the city that mega rail projects are under way costing billions to build and every year more tax is applied to gasoline to pay for it and its all being driven by the CEOs of the public transit sstem. If fact last year the CEO gave himself a major pay raise emediatly after getting 4 cents a gallon added to provincial gas tax to finance expanding the buss system in Vancouver.
    Yes thats what they are doing, making private vehicle opperators pay for public transit. Eventualy people will be economically forced into taking the buss. Or Johnny Cab as it may be. So its a win win situation for those apposed to private transportation.

Coming to a city near you, stay tunned!

M1D

so once everybody stops driving and just takes the bus, where will they get the funds?
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 am

I drive an hour and 20 minutes each way for work. For me it is a HUGE expense and a waste of time. Yeah I could move closer but the cost of living in Huntsville compared to Boaz is almost double. Gas and wear and tear on my car is insane per month. Personally if there was a way to get here 2X faster without driving I would do it in a heart beat. I am not that attached to my car.

Incompetent drivers should be forced into this type of transportation to free up the roads for people that can actually drive.

On the recreation side of driver, it would really suck to say the least. We enjoy being able to just hop in and take a leisurely drive around and enjoy the fall temps and scenery.

I know truckers wont be happy about the comment but the sooner they are off the roads the better. The amounts of fuel that are used to transport by 18 wheeler is insane and needs a revamp IMO. Not to mention they are the most inconsiderate drivers on the road. I have a 20 ton rig against your 2 ton car, what you going to do about me pulling out in front of you or taking up the passing lane doing 60 in a 70 zone beside another inconsiderate trucker?

There are places this would be a plus and places it is a waste. Personally I dont think I will see it go mass production in my life time but advancement and technology can not be stopped.

In the early 1900's if there was a forum the cowboys would be heckling guys with the first automobiles. Railway owners heckling truck drivers. Railways heckling airlines. Post office heckling internet providers that they would never take over person to person communication. The list goes on and on.

We can say things like these kill jobs but really the jobs dont disappear, they move. People that used to inspect manufactured parts by hand are replaced with CMM operators and programs. Yes it takes less of them to do the same work, but it is more accurate and repeatable. Things change and either we change with them or we are sitting on the bread line. So there are more people than jobs after something like this? The world is too over populated already. Time to restrict reproduction IMO. Dont have a kid and want one? No problem, I will give you one of mine! LoL

I have worked in a ditch with a shovel, running heavy equipment, assembling Bobcat Skidsteers and Honda Vans, Programming CNC 5 Axis Mills and robots and CMMS. I have changed with the times to adapt to the demands of my surroundings. Some would say you have to have education to move forward in these fields but I dont have a college degree. I have guys with Master's degrees that report to me and I decide how they will proceed.

Just my 2 cents...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:56 pm