VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

New guy with Corvairs to share...

bensbus
    bensbus

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2012-09-23

New guy with Corvairs to share... Empty New guy with Corvairs to share...

Post by bensbus Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 am

Good day everyone! I just joined up today. I have been a Corvair FC (Forward Control) truck and van guy since 1993, but have always been into old flat front vans.

As a newborn baby, I was brought home from the hospital in a 1969 Chevy 108 van with a 307, powerglide, and a factory camper. Would love to own a very similar van soon!

I currently own a 1961 Corvair Rampside pickup truck and a 1962 Corvair Greenbrier van with a Travel Equipment Corporation camper top and custom camper interior. The van has 620,000 miles on it and was my first car. It was my daily from 1993-2008. We have taken many family vacations in the van and the truck along with a 1961 Serro Scotty camper.

With a growing family (two baby girls- one just about 4 weeks old) we have outgrown the small rigs and I am working on restoring a 1964 Airstream. Would love to find that 1967-1969 Chevy 108 with a V8 and powerglide to tow the Airstream!

Glad to be a part of the group. A link to my personal website with all of my vintage toys-on-wheels can be found on my profile.

Looking forward to a great ride-

Ben
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

New guy with Corvairs to share... Empty Re: New guy with Corvairs to share...

Post by Big W Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:03 am

Welcome to VV Bensbus. One can never have to many vintage toys...lol.
    Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Number of posts : 250
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Post by Camaro Addict Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 pm

welcome to vintage vans Ben

Im sure you will find a nice G van soon,maybe even find one on here
    bensbus
    bensbus

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2012-09-23

Post by bensbus Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 am

Camaro Addict wrote:welcome to vintage vans Ben

Im sure you will find a nice G van soon,maybe even find one on here

Thanks! I do not own one, not because I have not had chances- but because of lost opportunities.

Started out in college when I almost got an 80 year old man to sell me his '65 camper for $400- but his grandson insisted he wanted it "someday." It sat and sat- and now it is gone. I doubt the grandson ever even drove it...

Was offered another '65 camper years later. Was not the right time.

Most recently I missed out on a '69 panel and a '69 108 Turtle Top camper because I can't convince my wife that we need four more wheels sitting on the driveway. Also looked at a '69 90 Sportvan locally- but I really need a V8 for towing, and it was not set up for that.

I will have to keep looking and hopefully one for an attractive price will show up and be too hard to resist!

Thanks for the response-

Ben
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 am

WELCOME to VV Ben Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 pm