VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Twinpilot001
Vanish
HandiVanMan
thatcherworks
Gothboy
9 posters

Considering Oregon...

Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Considering Oregon... Empty Considering Oregon...

Post by Gothboy Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:35 am

So In the near future I plan on moving to Oregon. Im fed up with everyone trying to get me to scrap my old cars cause they're polluters. (they must be cause they're old!) and not to mention tightening firearms regulations. The AQMD getting in everybodies business, choking out businesses and the state taxing everything to death then trying to build bullet trains cause they have no money. wtf? Yeah, Im out.

The question at hand involvs Oregons automotive regulations. Things like smog laws, window tint levels, or anything that would likely get you pulled over in Oregon. Anyone know a place I can find out the rules?

Thanks ahead of time! -GothY-
    thatcherworks
    thatcherworks

Number of posts : 102
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

Considering Oregon... Empty Re: Considering Oregon...

Post by thatcherworks Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

you could just move out of long beach.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Post by Gothboy Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 am

LOL! yea but theyre still trying to ban guns that I already have. Im just growing weary of california in general. Its not one thing its a metric f*** ton of things. Smile
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 am

Vehicles that were produced before to all of the emission laws were passed are exempt from having to pass emission's.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:58 am

I wouldn't worry about gun laws. There is no way that they will ever be able to take our right to bear firearms away! Just go get a firearms permit if you don't already have one & make sure all of your guns are registered & you will be ok. If the government passes any thing on gun control it will be a limit of ammunition that a person can purchase.& they will probaly ban automatic weapons.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Arizona is were you want to be !!!!!!!

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

well-im in wa. state above you -here all vehicles (old) are exempt of emission laws. Also here we can lisence any vehicle as "Collector" if its 25 years or older & avoid paying yearly lisence plate renewal fees! Yet- wa. stste is also banned of automatic weapone too-cant own here . Yet-as i lived in Idaho some years - if I were moving -id live there -across the wa idaho border- wa =is a better paying staye 10 bucks min. wage. and idaho residents have the simplest registration & fees of any I know of!!. Also if idaho resident & have an idaho hunting lisence - one can wear a side arm in visible public antwhere in the stste/ excepy police depts & courts but yes even can on motorcycles & in downtown . Dont even need a concealed carry lisence .Idaho is one of the most liberal ststes around with the laws. Lisence plate & registration fees still lowr than most states around. Have a look at total state population V/S any Big City in usa - that alone will be surprising!! affraid
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:09 pm

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm

I got out a few years back. Same things - gov't out of control with rules and spending, multiple car issues and a general feeling of too many people per square mile.

I think it's Oregon where the pump jockeys must fill your car. For a good site for considering a new place, I'd recommend www.city-data.com.
    They have stats, maps, and forums. I will say that the stats are very dry and the forums tend to be biased, but for a feel for an area, it's a great place to compare.
    Check your current location and compare it to places you are considering.
    Example:
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Long-Beach-California.html
    VS
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Medford-Oregon.html
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Post by Gothboy Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 am

Some really good stuff here guys! And @HandiVanMan darn you! Im going to have that theme song stuck in my head all day! Razz Even though I grew up watching that show, it was sorta fun to be "shanghai'd" into watching the intro again. Smile Also slightly predating the colorado incident California has begun again making radical new gun laws where, if passed as they are written, and trying to pass them, (which looks like theres no chance it will fail now) it would make people who already own legal guns criminals. Our senators dont have the slightest idea what the heck they're doing. I dont want to become a criminal just for legally buying something before the law was passed. @Vanish Im TOTALLY with you, however my girl is dead against AZ for some crazy reason. Next best Oregon firearms regs similar to ID it sounds like. Enough of me griping about guns guys sorry, back to the topic at hand. @Twin @Rod thanks guys I'll do some reading today! Its a great place to start and info that'll much help me get ready for the big move next year. -GothY-
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 am

Bad thing about oregon is they usually will follow calif!!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:52 am

I will also mention that while the gun laws here in AZ are much more in line with the NRA than England, that is hopefully a small part of the total prerequisites anyone has for a place to call home.
    I considered average income and job opportunities, weather, density, cost of living, amenities such as shopping, parks, the arts, schools, medical care, the type of community (you can ponder that one with your own goals) and other factors.
    Also be aware that many places you consider will have at least a joking bias against a Cali emigrants. I still get it now and then, but so long as you embrace the new and don't try to change where you go to where you fled, you should be able to make it work.

Most of AZ is dry. Coming from So Cal where it's hammered into each resident that the area is a costal desert and that water is a scarce commodity, it's still a big change.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:00 am

Nah.... Move to "FLORIDA"!!!!!! sunny

- We don't have emissions!
    - We don't pay Federal Tax

And.........

Considering Oregon... Gunshi10

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Considering Oregon... Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 am

Ahh, the good ole' south!
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Post by Gothboy Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 am

Dude. I would TOTALLY do florida. Problem, too far away from family and friends. I have family and friends in both Oregon and Arizona as well as CA, but pretty much nowhere else. Sounds like Florida's the best when it comes to this!!!! Smile -GothY-
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:02 am

And How!

I like North GA Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:33 am