VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Speedo cable length and routing.

BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

Speedo cable length and routing.  Empty Speedo cable length and routing.

Post by BADBADGER Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 am

Just installed a new dual exhaust on my A100 318. I was looking at the speedo cable and trying to decide the best way to route it away from the top of the muffler. During this process I wondered why the cable was so long. And was I missing something In the way I was routing it? The cable exits the cab on the floor in front of the driver, runs above the belly pan and back along the frame by the master cylinder, again along the frame by the trans, over the muffler and connects to the trans speedo drive. Seems like there is way too much cable but it is the stock cable and one of the donor vans had the same length cable. So am I not rounting it correctly or is there a
    different cable length?
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Speedo cable length and routing.  Empty Re: Speedo cable length and routing.

Post by jkr Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm

sounds right from your description. just not able to make any short bends is why its so long. it could be a replacement from a dodge chassis motorhome as they had the same ends but were sometimes longer.
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:35 pm

The only thing missing from your description is the bracket that the cable runs through that is bolted to the motor mount bracket.
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Speedo cable length and routing.  Empty speedo cable

Post by BADBADGER Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Now here is an interesting development "a bracket the speedo cable runs through that is attached to the motor mount". Dont have any idea what this bracket is or looks like. Is it a cable clamp type of bracket?
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Yeap, cable clamp (couldn't think of the right word earlier) to hold it.
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Speedo cable length and routing.  Empty speedo cable

Post by BADBADGER Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:40 am

Thanks Duane!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:16 pm