VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me

blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Empty A-100 Pickup restoration close to me

Post by blackace Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Question I found out during our local car show that there is another A-100 PU that is being restored at a shop only 20 min from me. I run over and chatted with them a bit and got these pics . Not sure if it is someone that is on this site or not.
    A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Img_0010
    Truck getting restored. Has PG&E label on the drivers door

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Img_0011
    Side already repaired and primered

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Img_0012
    Anyone ever see a table behind the passenger seat? This had the same color as the truck so did not know if it was an option

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Img_0013
    This is the parts truck that they have out behind the shop

Both trucks have slant six engines in them, with the parts truck having a blow engine.

Will let you know what I find out about them after I get to talk with the owner that is doing the restoration on it.

cheers and yes I did tell them I would be real intersted in buying the parts truck with they are done with it.

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Empty Re: A-100 Pickup restoration close to me

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Very cool. Thanks for the pics. It's always cool to run across an early. Good luck on the parts truck.
    Joel

P.S. I've never seen one of those tables before. Thats cool.
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

A-100 Pickup restoration close to me Empty Re: A-100 Pickup restoration close to me

Post by blackace Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks Joel. I am looking at possibly having this group do the resto on my truck when they are done with this one, just want to see how good of work they do. My thought was to use the part truck to start trying some body work and engine work myself.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 am

There is a lot of good instructional information covering auto body out there on the web and in books and sites like this one. That parts truck would be a good one to start on. It would be cool to do some work on it and maybe make a few bucks on it!!
    Anyway, sounds like a good plan. Good luck.

Joel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:31 pm