VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please

or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please Empty or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm

i have read about how different year E vans have different emergency brake cable set ups, its said some have a "single cable, and others a double.
    i have never seen a single cable set up and dont understand how there could only be one cable from two rear brakes.

thanks

Sy Hollinshead
    Sy Hollinshead

Number of posts : 466
    Registration date : 2008-10-11

or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please Empty Re: or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please

Post by Sy Hollinshead Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Not sure which mine is, as it is a single cable going from the front, which attaches to a metal bracket behind the gearbox, which splits into 2 cables from there back.

or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please Empty Re: or diagram the single vs double cable E brake set up please

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:10 am

thanks for the reply
    that is how mine is also
    but there is nothing connecting the front to the rear
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm

kengarchow wrote:i have read about how different year E vans have different emergency brake cable set ups, its said some have a "single cable, and others a double.
    i have never seen a single cable set up and dont understand how there could only be one cable from two rear brakes.

thanks

Attend Econo North West in your town,Portland,Ore. in June at the Les Schwab Tire Center and you can see first hand how the single cable looks and works. Terry Abbott is the local host.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 pm

tim
    thanks, i went to last years but didnt have this van then
    will take it this year
    but want to get to the bottom of the e brake issue before that

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 pm

ok i figured it out today, by a single cable from the rear end it means one cable that starts at one backing plate, comes forward to meet the cable from the handle turns then goes to the other backing plate. so its like a V
    a double cable setup is one cable from each backing plate going forward to meet the cable from the handle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:07 pm