VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Whats the going rate of good door hinges.

Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Whats the going rate of good door hinges. Empty Whats the going rate of good door hinges.

Post by Smallblockbug Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Just trying to get an idea of what door hinges go for. I have an opportunity to get 4 good hinges from the pick and pull. I am also going to be pulling the column and headlight buckets and the windshield washer bottle holder as well.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Whats the going rate of good door hinges. Empty Re: Whats the going rate of good door hinges.

Post by sasktrini Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 am

I have replaced hinge pins rather than the whole hinge. I think they are rivetted to the doors anyway, so I doubt you can get just the hinges. Maybe someone near you will say "See if they have a heater box" or seat brackets... can't have too many parts! Have fun at the yard!
    Hellfish

Number of posts : 146
    Registration date : 2011-03-01

Whats the going rate of good door hinges. Empty Re: Whats the going rate of good door hinges.

Post by Hellfish Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 am

Yes, riveted to the door, but held to the van/truck by big screws.
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Post by Smallblockbug Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:08 am

The doors are junk. But the hinges are perfect. Might cut them out and take them off the doors themselves. No heater box one set of seat brackets steering column washer spray bottle holder and nozzles as well. and a set of headlight buckets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm