VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

looking for ats annd gaskets for my 65

slowrider
    slowrider

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2011-07-15

looking for  ats annd gaskets for my 65 Empty looking for ats annd gaskets for my 65

Post by slowrider Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 pm

looking for a source for front floor mat,dog house lid and door gaskets\weatherstrip. also going to need a new winshield and gasket. Thanks.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

looking for  ats annd gaskets for my 65 Empty Re: looking for ats annd gaskets for my 65

Post by donivan65 Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm

A glass shop will cut you a nice tinted front windshield for about $130,,,,,,
    slowrider
    slowrider

looking for  ats annd gaskets for my 65 Empty Re: looking for ats annd gaskets for my 65

Post by slowrider Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Ill check that out with the local glass shop.So far havent been able to find much forthis van.Idid find lower door panels and rockers but no ruber for doors.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:27 pm

A 65 Chevy pick up windshield gasket will work,,,,,I go to pick a Part and use a front door weatherstrip off an S-10 for a doghouse gasket,,,,,they sell official ones also,,,,,I use the front door weatherstrips off newer Dodge vans on all my doors,,,,I kind of like those $5 ones at Pick a Part,,,,,

looking for  ats annd gaskets for my 65 Windsh11
    slowrider
    slowrider

Post by slowrider Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for the great info on the door and dog house gaskets.I just got done pulling out the seats and doghouse to start patching holes.My van has a 350 in it and one hole is the size of a slice of bread so you can get at the dipstick.On a hot summer day its like a gasy sauna.Im going to have to square it off and make access door.The worst part on my van is the wireing.Lots of wires to nowhere.That will be the last thing i atempt.Has any one found a source for a good wireing harnas? Thanks ...Ron
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm

restoration specialitys sell the doghouse gasket

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm