VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
Rayallen
Casimier
tody
tatewman
8 posters

different moulding on my new pickup??

tatewman
    tatewman

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

different moulding on my new pickup?? Empty different moulding on my new pickup??

Post by tatewman Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 am

hey guys..picked this truck up yesterday...it is a 66 with a 240 and i got a great deal on it...drove 20 hours straight to get it home...i have never seen moulding like this truck has but maybe someone can tell me something about it..it does look stock although looks different than all the spring specials i have seen...thanks

different moulding on my new pickup?? 5le5g510

different moulding on my new pickup?? 5i85u410
    tatewman
    tatewman

Number of posts : 45

different moulding on my new pickup?? Empty Re: different moulding on my new pickup??

Post by tatewman Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 am

here is a couple more pics...
    different moulding on my new pickup?? Img_7610
    different moulding on my new pickup?? Img_2010
    different moulding on my new pickup?? Img_2910
    tody
    tody

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2010-09-15

different moulding on my new pickup?? Empty Re: different moulding on my new pickup??

Post by tody Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 am

i have that kind of trim on my 67 falcon.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Casimier Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:30 am

Hey Joe
    That's a nice pickup you got there..
    I'll go out on a limb and guess that the profile on the trim is not stock. The spring specials and the falcons had a different, wider profile
    side trim. Anyone else?
    I'd keep it though...lookin good! Wish I had it!
    Jim
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 am

Beautiful Pickup, im jealous.
    Smallblockbug
    Smallblockbug

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2011-01-27

Post by Smallblockbug Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

Just looks like the delux trim i have seen in a few pics on my home computer
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 pm

I posted a reply earlier on here and somehow that reply has vanished. I know it posted because I saw it afterwards. Anyhow,it was just a short one saying it's stock trim but I'll elaborate now.
    The 65 Spring Special trim was actually left over trim from the 64 year that was used on the Special pickups in 65. I've never personally seen a 65 van with factory side trim(not saying there weren't any) but all 66 and 67 Econo vans and pickups used the one piece narrow trim as opposed to the wider 3 piece style. I would assume any 65 van with trim would have the one piece narrow trim. I've had and seen several 66 /67 vans with the narrow trim but it's much more rare to see the pickups with it.
    kykayaker37
    kykayaker37

Number of posts : 139

Post by kykayaker37 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:48 pm

whatever it does or doesnt come from it looks sweet id love some,dave
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 pm

As Tim said that is the correct trim for a Econoline. It's known as Narrow trim. You see it on more 67's than anything else. I posted about this truck when it was listed in the E vans for sale section. Good to see a board member got it. It looks like a nice pickup. I have seen one 65 pickup with this trim. A special order pickup that was used as a dealer's parts runner here in Tennessee. It was built right in the middle of spring special production. I like the narrow trim better than the spring special trim. Looks much cleaner to me.

BTW, the trim on your pickup is mounted upside down. The angle on the rear edge should match the angle of the rear of the pickup. I have a 67 van here that has the right side pickup trim mounted upside down on the left side. I'm trying to find a left side pickup or van piece to replace this one.

'different moulding on my new pickup?? DSC05950-vi

Erie Duffel sent me a picture of a nice 66 Narrow Trim pickup that belongs to a friend of his. He's done some work on this truck helping the owner get it road worthy.

different moulding on my new pickup?? Photo1-vi

Duane in Tennessee.
    Casimier
    Casimier

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

different moulding on my new pickup?? Empty What an aducation

Post by Casimier Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 am

See those trim comments Joe...?
    The guys on this site are in the KNOW!
    Left hand, right hand, angled end piece, narrow, wide 64 to 67 side trims.
    I think this answered my questions ...
    I just got an education...
    Will you bring this one to Carlisle?
    Tomorrow going to see the truck in Rahway...I'll call you.
    Jim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:42 am