VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

do they make um

kykayaker37
    kykayaker37

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

do they make um Empty do they make um

Post by kykayaker37 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

anyone know of a aftermarket place to get a fuel tank for a 69 a100,dave
    equium
    equium

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2011-04-25

do they make um Empty Re: do they make um

Post by equium Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Have you checked your existing tank yet? My '64 sat for 15 years outside with the previous owner. I took the tank off last week and it was surprisingly clean inside. I believe i'll be able to get away with a DIY clean job and it will be fine. Most radiator shops provide a service to clean fuel tanks. call around. (but check your first).
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:31 am

To my knowledge there is no new tanks avaiable for any of the early vans. There is just not enough demand for them for a company to produce them due to the low production year numbers & the dwindling number of them left on the road. If it were a case of millions of them produced & still on the road we would probaly be able to get anything that we needed for them. It's sad that there is no one producing parts for our vans!!!
    kykayaker37
    kykayaker37

Number of posts : 139
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post by kykayaker37 Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:05 am

thanks guys and i will chek my tank i was just under the assumption it was junk dunno really tghough(to be continued at some later date unknown)dave

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:47 pm

-just a little thought here, when i bought my van in 2009, one thing that was surprising me my fuel tank looked new, is any of the A- bodys family would have one that look like ours??, some A- bodys are pretty popular, when i was looking for a trunnion boot, i went to see on the A- bodys sites , they gave me a name that also had one for the a-100,i dont think dodge would have made this fuel tank only for one modele, since its square and the lines are in the back ....am i too optimist??(always) i would give it a peek on the A side...corrosive

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:42 pm