VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

engine swap questiion/cost

Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

engine swap questiion/cost Empty engine swap questiion/cost

Post by Rayallen Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Guys I found a guy locally selling his 1965 200ci ford falcon motor. A blessing in disguise because the quotes ive been getting to rebuild mine is more than Id like to pay. His has 59000 original mile on it and is in good running motor. He recently pulled it out because he wants to upgrade to a 302. He asking $750 for the motor and tranny 3 speed.

$750 seems a bit high to me. What would you vanners pay? Ive seen them go for less, but would rather not insult the guy with a low ball offer.

Ray in Texas
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

engine swap questiion/cost Empty Re: engine swap questiion/cost

Post by scarlin Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Sounds a bit high, but in the ballpark if it's complete. Even better if you get the carb, ignition and Trans.
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Post by Rayallen Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah it's complete with carb and trans. I'm thinking I can get it for $600 by im going to offer a little less and go from through. Thanks for the reply.
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Post by Rayallen Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Just got off the ph $600 with delivery to my house. Motor,tranny,carb. I'm a happy camper. Looks a heck of a lot better than mine current to.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 pm

The 65 200 didn't have the dual bolt pattern block. That came out in 66. Not a problem if you use the little clutch. Ford used the big clutch on it's 200's. Some early 200's didn't have the seven main bearings that the latter 200's did. Count the freeze plugs. Seven main blocks have five. Five main blocks will have three like the 170's. Again, not a big deal. It will work. It's just not as tough as latter 200's. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. I've run the snot out of my 170 and haven't hurt it yet. Five bearings are still good. Just a little info so you know what you are getting. I have a 65 200 here and it is a seven main bearing engine so it can go either way. It sounds like a good deal to me.

Duane in Tennessee.
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Post by Rayallen Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:30 pm

I here ya, my van has a 65 200 already, I'm just swapping it for one that's in better condition

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm