VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

A100 POWER STEERING?

A100 POWER STEERING? Empty A100 POWER STEERING?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 am

THE 1964 A100 TRUCK I BOUGHT HAS A RIGGED UP GM? GEARBOX THAT WORKS BUT HANGS DOWN BELOW THE FRONT VALENCE PANEL AND I CAN'T STAND IT. WHERE CAN I GET A FACTORY PS SETUP? THANKS!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

A100 POWER STEERING? Empty Re: A100 POWER STEERING?

Post by dix Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:12 pm

i don't think there is much out there for replacment parts opposed to rebuild your own. other than complete units replacments. like vintage air.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 pm

So do you now need a stock steering column, gearbox, drag link and steering knuckles? Those Dodges did have factory power steering units on them,,,,,,I think they still sell parts for them at Autozone,,,,,there is a pump,,,,,they cut the drag link and put in a control valve,,,,,then there is a cylinder connected to the axle that pushes and pulls the center link to turn the wheels,,,,,,
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148

Post by jkr Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:31 pm

a person can only guess how much this truck has been "modified" to accept a g-m saginaw steering box. i wouldn't put a lot of time into converting back to factory power steering as those systems were marginal at best. i would concentrate my time on how much frame rail repairs are needed to get an original manual box and column assembly back in the correct locatition and to function properly. good luck with the repairs............
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729

Post by dix Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Wow i mised that one some how i was thinking A C,not p s.

A100 POWER STEERING? Empty A100 PS

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:57 pm

jkr wrote:a person can only guess how much this truck has been "modified" to accept a g-m saginaw steering box. i wouldn't put a lot of time into converting back to factory power steering as those systems were marginal at best. i would concentrate my time on how much frame rail repairs are needed to get an original manual box and column assembly back in the correct locatition and to function properly. good luck with the repairs............

THE PS WORKS FINE BUT I WANT TO REMOVE THE FRONT BUMPER. I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW AVAILABLE THE OE PARTS WERE. I MIGHT JUST BUILD OR MODIFY THE FRONT VALENCE PANEL AND HIDE THE GM GEARBOX. THANKS FOR THE RELIES!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 am