VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Twinpilot001
HandiVanMan
Digz
7 posters

I just don't know...What are they worth?

I just don't know...What are they worth? Empty I just don't know...What are they worth?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I traded 120 hrs of labor for my camper. I based that on $3500. I have it insured for a little more than that. Am I about right?
    I just don't know...What are they worth? VanPic2-1
    I just don't know...What are they worth? 12-26-11006I just don't know...What are they worth? 12-26-11003I just don't know...What are they worth? 12-26-11009
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

I just don't know...What are they worth? Empty Re: I just don't know...What are they worth?

Post by Digz Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:41 am

This is just my 2 cents, but everyone knows what the "typical" 5-600 $ broken down rats nest looks like. what would it cost to bring something into the same shape as yours is now ? And I must say it looks pretty darn sweet to me. I think you did very well on the swap and it would be easy to undervalue it. You would have to think in "Restoration" type prices on something like this I believe.

Last edited by Digz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

I just don't know...What are they worth? Empty Re: I just don't know...What are they worth?

Post by HandiVanMan Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 am

Worth $3500 for sure!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:56 am

Looks good from here - if all runs well = priced about correct. driveability, running & overall cond. will effect . looks good.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks guys, I figured I was close. After seeing all the adds that have been posted here from craigslist and others, I've notice that prices sometimes are all over the map.
    I don't mind paying what something is worth, but screwing myself is something I don't forgive myself for to easily. The last time I tore a ACL kicking my own ass. Laughing
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am

I would have paid 3500. You got your self a solid vintage camper.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am

I think that you came out good on your end & as long as you think that you got a good deal that's all that really matters....
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I agree you did well...
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Go to your insurance office and see what they value it at.
    They tend to be very stingy.....
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Collectors insurance is the best way to go.... You can insure it for how much $$$ you want to cover it for....
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 pm

Yeah looks like your on the money but dont throw in anything free with that labor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 pm