VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Econoline Grill Removal

Bubba
    Bubba

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2011-09-29

Econoline Grill Removal Empty Econoline Grill Removal

Post by Bubba Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Alright, another newbie question. I removed the bottom bolts that hold the grill down...and now I'm confused by those strange round thingys that hold the top of the grill onto the body. How do I remove these amazing little oddities?
    delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Econoline Grill Removal Empty Re: Econoline Grill Removal

Post by delraydoug Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

they are flat head bolts that are tack welded to the grill. just remove the nuts from inside the van. they are probbly behind the isulation/floor mat underneath the wireing harness - that little ledge across the floor where it meets the front end

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Might be rusted to death in your part of the world so lots of anti seize and go slow if you want to save the bolts. Ford appeared to use the same bolts to hold the wiring harnesss clamps and firewall clips ... so you may have to do a bit of digging. All I know ... and it's not much

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 am

delraydoug wrote:they are flat head bolts that are tack welded to the grill. just remove the nuts from inside the van. they are probbly behind the isulation/floor mat underneath the wireing harness - that little ledge across the floor where it meets the front end
    correct

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:01 pm