VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

installed disc brakes with m1 brackets

jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Empty installed disc brakes with m1 brackets

Post by jrinaman Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:22 pm

finally installed the brakes i bought last spring. with the exception to the brake lines and a couple fittings, everything was already here. this all could be done in a day if everything is there. i think i had more time at parts stores than actual work. half way threw, i found i needed a couple fittings that didnt exist in all of western pa. so i got out the paint gun while i waited on the ups truck.]installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Brakes11installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Brakes12installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Brakes13 not sure anyone else would paint their drums yellow but i bet chris is thining about it now. i replaced all the lines, hoses, rear shoes, and cleaned up a few things while i was under there. i used a dual master and trans am rotors, calipers and brakes. i am very pleased with the results. not as good as power brakes but real close. in my opinion, there is no need for the added work and expense. m1's research to put this together is worth the asking price of the brackets. thanks micheal.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Empty Re: installed disc brakes with m1 brackets

Post by Digz Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 pm

I take it that Proportning valve setup has the brake light switch built in?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Empty Re: installed disc brakes with m1 brackets

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:00 pm

John mine on the 69 are black, but the drums and rotors are red on the 64. Nice job on the brakes, the drums in the back being yellow look good with the rims
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 pm

digz, that is a built in brake switch. i saw no reason to eliminate the original switch nor any reason to remove the new switch. chris, new you would like the paint. only regret is i wish i would of sandblasted outside.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 pm

Drums are so rough don't think anyone will notice you didn't blast them
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 pm

i did blast them, i didnt drag everything outside and spent half the day sweeping sand. well, half the day putting everything away so i could sweep the garage.installed disc brakes with m1 brackets Brakes14
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:00 pm

sorry read your post wrong, you seemed to have found a color that matches your van color very very close
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm

had some yellow and white rustoleum, mixed it up and thinned it down to spray. had some clear left over from my car so i sprayed a coat of clear to protect them. $0.00 in total cost.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:57 am

$0 costs is always a good thing Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm