VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
RipVanArkie
G-Man
Admin
7 posters

RipVanArkie...... You're in the Spotlight!

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

RipVanArkie......   You're in the Spotlight! Empty RipVanArkie...... You're in the Spotlight!

Post by Admin Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:30 pm

We haven't had Rip in the spotlight for a while now. Check out his latest find, Betsy, a 1967 Econoline...

Home Page

His gallery is complete with lots of pictures of Betsy and her story...

Member's Gallery

I can't wait to see what she looks like when she's done!

Isn't it time YOUR van gets in the Spotlight?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

RipVanArkie......   You're in the Spotlight! Empty Re: RipVanArkie...... You're in the Spotlight!

Post by G-Man Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Rip Looks like a keeper. What are your plans for it???
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

RipVanArkie......   You're in the Spotlight! Empty Re: RipVanArkie...... You're in the Spotlight!

Post by RipVanArkie Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Restore. Only mod will be insulation and simple paneling. Other than some rust around the battery box, there is none.

The battery box and bellypan are the only parts missing.

Later,
    Rip
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Good Lookin Van RIP .....I think the 67 is the Year I Like the Best !!!!!! But I like em all !!!!!!! Cant wait to see where you take this One !!!!! You get any Pic's of the 4x4 Yet ?????

wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:56 pm

Nice score Rip !!!!!!! I'm still going to try and come by your place sometime when I'm headed to Shreveport. The 66 sportvan that I looked at today came from somewhere around Little Rock. The owner didn't remember the name of the fellow he got it from though.

wideload

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:33 am

Congrats!
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 am

Good to see part of your Fleet on the home page Rip, Did you get another van(or pickup) from John??? What color was it original, I see at least 4 colors under the white??. Are they "roller" paint jobs(he was painter)
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Post by RipVanArkie Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:42 pm

John located this van for me and we rescued it together. I'll have to look at the pics I posted, there should be one of John in it.

The van was originally Chrome Yellow, then blue, then red and finally white. The white was put on with a brush! I thought the guy I bought it from did it, but he said he bought it white twenty years ago.

Later,
    Rip
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:59 pm

RipVanArkie wrote:he said he bought it white twenty years ago.

Yeah right. I've known many a contractor (or painter) that's put a brush or foam roller to their truck.
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Post by savage Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:54 am

I wonder if since it was Chrome Yellow it was a utillty, city or state van??
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Post by RipVanArkie Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Not sure, it was special ordered that color from the factory. Chrome Yellow lower and white upper. Auto trans was also factory ordered.

So much work, wish I could just quit work and play with earlies all day!

Later,
    Rip

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:44 pm