VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
A100Sportsman
donivan65
pittsdriver
7 posters

Vintage Air in an A100

pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Number of posts : 335
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Vintage Air in an A100 Empty Vintage Air in an A100

Post by pittsdriver Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:19 am

Anybody ever put a Vintage Air heat and A/C system in an A100? Looks like it wouldn't be a difficult instal and I am going to do it on mine. Don
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Vintage Air in an A100 Empty Re: Vintage Air in an A100

Post by donivan65 Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:40 am

We picked out the pieces for an A/C system for a 1970 Chevy Van from here. They are basically all the same, you just need parts that make it fit onto your particular van.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t23185-chevy-van-a-c-kit
    A100Sportsman
    A100Sportsman

Number of posts : 156
    Registration date : 2010-10-24

Post by A100Sportsman Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:05 pm

I still have most of the components to my stock Custom Sportsman A/C unit...took it out ages ago because I didn't like the look of it and it didn't work that great either. I would not recommend going with stock A/C. (Not to mention it rusts out your roof because of condensation dripping off the rooftop unit)

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:29 am

When Foose did the pickup on Overhaulin', they installed a vintage air system.

I'm wondering what it would take to have a additional system in the rear.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Vintage Air in an A100 Empty air cond

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:36 am

systems in the rear i do believe are needed. If using salvage parts = look for rear air & heat units from the factory vans & even large vans /trucks also. You can enclose them nicely too. Im doing mine also that way next summer. Just need to upgrade the compressor & drier for r132-- I will add The vintage Air bunch is the best you can get = yet are others available also - vintage air has been around the longest too.
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm

poppinjohnny wrote:When Foose did the pickup on Overhaulin', they installed a vintage air system.

I'm wondering what it would take to have a additional system in the rear.

I've seen some conversation on the Chevy Van site where someone used a modern Suburban rear A/C setup. It's this van here:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2636743725.html

I asked if it worked well and he stated that it did. I think he may have purchased it that way.
    kiwimopar
    kiwimopar

Number of posts : 745
    Registration date : 2010-01-23

Post by kiwimopar Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:53 pm

Are we talking van or pickup?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Vintage Air should be an easy install in an A100 pickup or van. I am putting Vintage Air in my 61 Econo.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Ill add this about Vintage Air= They reside in a building that was origionally "san Antonio speed shop" Afetr it closed Vintage air became the 1st aftermarket buisness in A/C for street rods! Yes =The 1st. They started all this & have come a long way with greaty develoments & can fit ant car,van, even aircraft with A/C systems / All the otehrs selling the A/C kits have followed them & adapted their desings to vintage air's. If you wnat the best system - get vintage airs systems . They may not be the least expensive yet know exactly what you need for any application and will stand behind their products. It takes a lot of time to get thru their entire system & addapters . kits and parts on their website - yet that alone shows what these guys have developed in the years they have been doing all this. Kinda like buying oats- you pay a premium price for the best oats =- or someone will sell you oats =that have been run thru the Horse!! Happy Vannin

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:Ill add this about Vintage Air= They reside in a building that was origionally "san Antonio speed shop" Afetr it closed Vintage air became the 1st aftermarket buisness in A/C for street rods! Yes =The 1st. They started all this & have come a long way with greaty develoments & can fit ant car,van, even aircraft with A/C systems / All the otehrs selling the A/C kits have followed them & adapted their desings to vintage air's. If you wnat the best system - get vintage airs systems . They may not be the least expensive yet know exactly what you need for any application and will stand behind their products. It takes a lot of time to get thru their entire system & addapters . kits and parts on their website - yet that alone shows what these guys have developed in the years they have been doing all this. Kinda like buying oats- you pay a premium price for the best oats =- or someone will sell you oats =that have been run thru the Horse!! Happy Vannin
    The reason I chose Vintage Air.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Yep, they created the business. Good people.
    Also, since they were involved in the Overhaulin' build, they should know what it takes to put one in yours, not "this universal kit should fit, but may need some adapters" and end up costing more and be harder to install and service.
    This is the company that drove over 200 MPH at Bonneville with one of their systems installed and working at that speed!

http://www.vintageair.com/about.asp

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:51 pm