VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

IMPORTANT: VAN RAFFLE

IMPORTANT: VAN RAFFLE Empty IMPORTANT: VAN RAFFLE

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:38 am

a while back there was a person who took advantage of the kindness of vanners
    on vannin.com and elsewhere
    one of the things donated to him (aside from cash,tools and gift cards)
    was a VAN ....
    well as it turned out this person was BOGUS and deceived everyone involved
    as a reult the van was repo'd by vanners and is now being raffled off to reimburse
    those who made the donations and any left overs will be sent to vannin.com as i understand it
    SO... please forward this to any vanner you know and buy a raffle ticket!
    it isn't an early but it would make a great second van or shed or win and re sell it
    or donate it to a cause of your choice
    RAFFLE INFO CLICK HERE
    and this is the story about what happend ,who it happend to, and how it all developed

THE UGLY STORY CLICK HERE

(please send to any vanner you know, vcvc, vcvc2, or anyone who could be interested in winning a VAN for 25 bucks.. a limit of 100 tickets will be sold and last count they are aprox at 40 or so, drawing will be held once all tickets are sold! )
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

IMPORTANT: VAN RAFFLE Empty Re: IMPORTANT: VAN RAFFLE

Post by texasjohn Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm

I could use something like that. Im not sure where its located? Memphis, Indiana ? I dont know if i could afford to go get it and drive it back to the pacific northwest. but i would love to have it. Is the tranny blown ? Is this just more of the scam?(doubt it, ...but? makes ya wonder more when something like this happens). Maybe who ever wins it we could do a delivery train out of it. Different vanners passing it along to the winner, short hops for everyone w/ the winner responcible for expences (other than tickets and such)...just thinking
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by PolarBear2 Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:04 am

It's a true story, real piece of work that guy. Neutral
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:23 am

You can trust that this raffle is not a scam... most active members on vannin.com know each other in the real world, which is one reason why this guy was caught duping us. People there have to be willing and able to look the others in the eye with a clear conscience.

It was a very disappointing experience... having the truth emerge about this guy, realizing we had been basically raped by him. Thankfully a few of the leaders in the forum were able to resolve things in this way so that harm to the vannin.com community was minimized, and there are very good things coming out of this very unfortunate situation. I have advised them I'm not seeking reimbursement for my losses... I can live without what I gave, but maybe others can't. And maybe I'll have touched someone truly deserving of my support... Van's too far away from me, especially crossing the border... but I wish everybody the best of luck in the draw for this Van.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:37 am

the van is currently in north carolina i believe
    and if someone too far away wins it it has already been said a relay
    or storage until pick up or re-sell is very possible
    any concerns or questions or inquiries for tickets can be directed to
    southeastvancouncil@yahoo.com who is handling the details

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:58 am