VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Veterans Day

Veterans Day Empty Veterans Day

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Thanks grandpaw or we might be all be doing the stiff arm salute and wearing jack boots and to rest of you too
    jreese

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Veterans Day Empty Re: Veterans Day

Post by jreese Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 am

I never forget Veterans Day. I always sent my father a card on Veterans Day and also Pearl Harbor Day telling him to make good use of his second chance at life. Truth is my father, first step-father and father-in-law were all involved two at Omaha Beach and one at Pearl. They are all gone now but not forgotten.

Thanks to all Veterans from all wars and conflicts.

Jim

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Yes thanks from the bottom of my heart to all who have served. Being a 100% disabled Vietnam vet myself I always observe veterans day. I was wounded four times, the last time on Nov. 11, 1969, veterans day. So this day has a special meaning to me especially since my entire special ops team was killed leaving me severely wounded. I come from a military family in that my family has fought in every war since the revolution. My father, step father and father in law were all at Normandy. My step father was captured and spent most of the war in a German POW camp. My family fought on both sides in the great war between the states. Rode with Generals Nathan Bedford Forest, Lee and Quantrill as well as Grant. Also one died at the Little Big Horn with General Custer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm