VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+10
boroop
hywaychild
malle
G-Man
jkr
Digz
Kakster
wacko
itruns
Admin
14 posters

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year?

Poll

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year?

[ 15 ]
    Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_lcap50%Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_lcap0%Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_lcap43%Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_rcap [43%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_lcap7%Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_lcap0%Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 30
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? Empty Will you be working on your van this winter for next year?

Post by Admin Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:51 am

What do you plan to do to your van this winter?
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? Empty Re: Will you be working on your van this winter for next year?

Post by itruns Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:20 am

Wiring Harness, exhaust (headers?), possibly body work/glass/paint, etc.
    wacko
    wacko

Number of posts : 423
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? Empty Re: Will you be working on your van this winter for next year?

Post by wacko Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Body work, replace shocks, king pins, brakes, and whatever else I find wrong in the progress.
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Kakster Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Need to finish up on the M1D front disc brakes (new master cylinder, lines check valve and proportioning valve). Need to finish the epoxy (textured) coating, the roof is next. Need to clean up rust areas on the roof rail prior to applying the epoxy coat. Need to put the gas tank back in with the new sending unit and hoses (it was the old sending unit and hoses that fell apart and converted my driver into a project van). Need new rims since the old ones won't fit the disc brake conversion. Any things I find in the way of making the old beast street legal will be fixed as I go. Tons to do in otherwords. scratch
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:09 pm

affraid EVERYTHING !! affraid
    jkr
    jkr

Number of posts : 1148
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by jkr Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:01 pm

this is where my truck spends most of the long cold snowy winters in p.e.i. now. easy enough to get to in about 20 minutes. those are office partitions that come apart and get set aside for the summer while on the road. they keep stuff from hitting the sides and me from leaning things against it. after all i collect everything and throw nothing out as you can see by the crap on the walls. the disc brake conversion idea is possibly on the list to do as is making a new wiring harness from scratch this winter. my 4th dodge caravan is just out of frame and apart on the floor (transmission) so i still have room to work and get the snowmobile in and out also.Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? A-100_11

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:57 pm

I think I'm going to take my van down to the bare metal and give it a really good paint job. Going to put an electronic speedometer in, and do a few touches on the interior. Will start on the work the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and It'll hit the road to Myrtle Beach in March.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Like Digz my 64 needs everything. It sucks working on it in the winter, but that when I'm the slowest and have the most time.
    malle
    malle

Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by malle Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:46 pm

I'm gonna do a engine swap, out with the 230 and in with a 292. I also hope to convert from drums to disc brakes, still waiting for my parts. I also have a few other projects that needs some work, I have to take out the 348 out of my Nomad for a small restoration and also i have to get started on my 54' F-100. But ofcourse my Van comes first Wink

Kaare

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:58 am

I work on and drive my vans year-round. My A isn't on the road yet, and I also just picked up an '85 Dodge that will be taking some of my time now as well.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:07 am

I have four vans that need attention. I can't afford to heat my garage for painting like I did years ago when natural gas was reasonable. So I plan on finishing some welding projects this winter and any mechanical stuff that doesn't require a heated space.
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Will you be working on your van this winter for next year? Empty yep and it looks like it's going to be a very long winter

Post by hywaychild Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:19 am

I had planed on just putting in a new motor and trans at this point i hope i'm ready for next spring Sad
    boroop
    boroop

Number of posts : 92
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by boroop Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:16 am

I need to replace all of the hoses on the motor, get that new fuel pump installed... and then start work on the interior.

I'm planning on sandblasting it to bare metal, doing any repairs that I find and then painting. If that goes smoothly, new seat covers and some new trim work is in order. I think my wife would like to see a headliner installed as well. Very Happy

I'll probably get next to none of this completed. Laughing

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:54 am

Fortunately we get to drive year around in So Cal so the projects and driving blend together. Just painted the exterior and my next project is to add another batery/battery isolator so I can use my stereo, refrigerator, ect without worring about running down my starter battery. I am also going to refinish the wood cabinets, remove the floor tile and add wood plank floor. 63econocamper. Very Happy
    mo_1040
    mo_1040

Number of posts : 645
    Registration date : 2008-07-04

Post by mo_1040 Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Wish I could work on my van this winter. My garage is heated by fuel oil and really don't feel like paying the cost to heat it this year.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:15 pm

just won a 65 econoline on ebay with a smashed corner. it has a mustang 289 in it. going to pull it and rebuild it. install it in the 64. pull the transmission, drivetrain, 9" rearend and put it in the 64. strip the rest of the van for parts. there's tons of stuff that i can use on it. picking it up friday, cant wait.
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

Post by hywaychild Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

work work work I'm still working on my 68 at the same time as i'm working on my64 ,, I'm hoping to have the 64 on the road by late spring with any luck .. for now i'm hoping to buy a running van as sone as i can sell my s 10 blazer .. any one want a good deal on a 96 blazer I'm just asking 2400 it lists for about 3500 but it's not a van so it's got to go ,,,hywaychild[url][/url]
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Finnishing a 4x4 econo for my brother, putting the 200 back in dads 67 econo, flushing the fuel system, rebuilding carb and sealing the tank on my 65 Econo, rebuilding the front suspension on my 64 Chevy and going through the brakes, fuel and electrical systems on my 67 Econo. It sounds like a lot, but I just got two bays in the shop to myself!!! No painting or body work until the spring, heat is too $$!

Later,
    Rip
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:31 pm

After 18 months in the body shop she will be coming home soon, V8 conversion done turbo 350 done. When she gets home its brakes freshened up, door rubbers, new exhaust ( has none now) strip underside and detail , clean up wiring in the back, Fab some new seats in. Mostly make sure she is road ready. OH 1966 chev panel Bill
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Though it will be very cold, and I have no garage, I must. Tomorrow, I replace the timing chain set and crank pulley on my Econoline's 170. With the work I did in the summer, that should be the end of the engine woes. Then there's rust... If I want to drive it next summer, I have a lot of work to do, no matter the weather. The Fargo is bad too, so I may do interior patches on both if the weather doesn't let me do it outside. I did it last winter on my other van and car... suffered frostbite too, but...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:14 pm