VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Casimier
EconoUSAparts
EconoCarl
G-Man
StuNami
9 posters

Finally got some pics of my project.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally got some pics of my project.

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 am

Can't wait to see it next year!!!!
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally got some pics of my project.

Post by StuNami Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Cameras do no justice to good paint. 2011 aqua blue metallic. Does not show the green pearl in it.

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 2011-018

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Is that going to be the outside color???? If so she's going to look great!!!
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 am

G-Man wrote:Is that going to be the outside color???? If so she's going to look great!!!

Yeah, that's what I finally decided on. Going with an off white roof. Decided against any custom color so touch up will be easy. This color is on the HHR and Camaro. In the shade and cloudy days, the green pearl really pops.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Very nice work and that blue is really cool.
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:38 am

Going to the booth this week! The Gravitex liner on the floor turned out sweet, It's gonna be underneath too.

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0828

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0829

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0830

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0837

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0842

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0838

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0840

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Img_0841

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Stu Looks great!!!!
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Lookin' good Stu!
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Can't wait to post pics that are in the gallery and not in a project post.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Looks real nice Stu. Can't waite to see the finished paint job
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:37 am

Stu, I see your starting to tape it off. Can't wait to see her when you get the new shin on her!!!

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

Hey all, thanks for the kind words. Dan I was taping off the side to play around with some kind of graphic to break up that big ass panel. I'd like to use the same off white that I used for the roof and am thinking of adding some pearl, maybe blue, green, or even violet. Then I gotta come up with a color for the outline stripe. I thought I was done obsessing with colors Wink
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:23 am

I'm with ya Stu.... Been flip-flopping with the colors for my 66 panel for about 3 years! Getting close to having all the mechanical changes I've done so will have to decide on a color soon as well... Dig that blue you have on the inside!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:30 pm

Looking great
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks Mike. After the time and cash I have in mine so far, I can see how much you put in yours.

Dan, I went single stage of what will be on the exterior for the walls since they'll be covered but I had to put something. I do like this blue, it has a ton of blue and green pearl in it.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:52 pm

Lucky for me a lot of my friends own various kinds of automotive shops. The candy red paint job was quoted to me as $20,000.00+ by several painters then my friend did it for $5,000.00. The dragons and tru fire was quoted at $5,000.00 + by several air brush artists but another friend did it for $2000.00. The motor was quoted as $12,000.00+ but I got it for $3800.00 so I didn't have as much money in it as I would have had without friends.
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:41 am

Got a few pics of the color. Shitty day out so no sun.

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 32048310

Finally got some pics of my project. - Page 2 31276510

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 am

Looking good.
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks Mike, I'm unsure about that white top though. Guess I'll wait till it's together to decide whether to paint it blue or leave it white.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Lookin' good Stu. I know what you mean about the top. I was too afraid to paint mine white! affraid
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks Carl, how was the trip? Just got back from the body shop and under the floros, the top pops. It's a subtle pearl off white that cameras do no justice. This paint really moves. From one angle, the green pearl really bangs and then from another, the blue pearl comes out. It's factory paint but it's as close to a custom color without paying for custom. On the road by next weekend.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Post by EconoCarl Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Trip went well, almost 1100 miles total pulling the camper. I'm sorting through pics now to post into my showcase. You should come down next Labor Day, the 10th anniversary of the Mid-South Econoline Meet!
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:04 pm

I need to. I have relatives in Waco and Belton I need to see. Never too early to start the 2012 travel list. You sure have got yours running good to travel like that. How'd the air work out?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:52 pm

I am thinking about painting the top of my 65 white. I think it looks good that way
    StuNami
    StuNami

Post by StuNami Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:06 am

Hey Mike,

Geez, you have 2 projects going? I'm glad I did it now. It just has a touch of pearl and it's not bright white.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 am