VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van

Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van Empty 1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van

Post by Lazarusvan Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1962-Chevy-Corvair-Greenbrier-Panel-Van-/280697057451?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item415ad930ab

Now posted in the right place. Can anyone shed any light on these vans in terms of reliability, ease of maintainence, and finding parts? Thanks.

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van Empty Re: 1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van

Post by G-Man Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 am

There is a big Corvair following and a few places like Clark's Corvair parts for item someone may need. They are easier to find parts for than our "G" series vans
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van Empty Re: 1962 Chevy Corvair Greenbriar Panel Van

Post by Lazarusvan Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks again, G-Man. Are these things slow pokes like a lot of the other 6 cylinder vans?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes and no, they do go at E-way speeds, but if you want to haul ass they are not for you. They did make a motor home with a corvair motor called the Ultra van
    http://www.google.com/search?q=ultra+van&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=XU9&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&prmd=ivnsl&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=IGv9TZb1PInUgAes9KXeCw&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1280&bih=693
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Tht van looks nice.
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Post by Lazarusvan Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 pm

VanninBlaino wrote:Tht van looks nice.

Yes, looks like a blank pallet, so to speak, which could work since whatever I get is gonna have logos and possibly new paint. It's had some cancer reconstruction to a large extent. Still like your A100 better Very Happy

Here is the info the seller emailed me in response to the typical rust questions: "Only minor surface rust underneath.
    Had to rebuild steps at front doors, both sides; back part of the wheelwells at front wheels (called the doglegs) were rebuilt with metal finished with bondo. Right front corner from headlights to door opening and bottom of windshield was reconstructed some time ago. Bottom half of body was wavey so I blocked it out and refinished it."
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Lazarusman you should get this one
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t5254-my-1963-ford-falcon-station-bus

sure can't build one for this price
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Post by Lazarusvan Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:22 pm

G-Man wrote:Lazarusman you should get this one
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t5254-my-1963-ford-falcon-station-bus

sure can't build one for this price

G-Man, I hear you. I thought it was the most well rounded, ready van for the potential price I'd seen. I love window vans but the wife (yes, I know) is concerned that transporting large items might be an issue. We would likely move some furniture from time to time. She also thinks we need a panel van, at least on one side, for our advertising.

Also, it's too nice to repaint and that color isn't neutral enough or my bag. (Our business color is medium green and would not work even with overlays unless I wrapped the entire vehicle.) It is super sweet. Please keep the suggestions coming. Like you said, the right van will find me. I'm so damn excited to have one I have to keep my eye on the prize. I wake up and go to bed dreaming of a killer van...BTW, this is a vantastic sight with real people with real passion. The time it takes to do it right is not unnoticed and very much appreciated!
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

That Ford is nice. Repaint over the blue with your green, that'd be sweet too. But i'm sure your van will come. Do you need a van? What about a Dodge p/u? They seem more plentiful and i've seen deals all over.
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Post by Lazarusvan Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:56 am

No truck for me. Only a van. FYI, the owner has an $1800 reserve on the van. He has put in sweat equity and isn't in it for the money. He rescued it from the scrap pile. Seems reasonable, but not for me. A/C cannot be retrofit without notice in the Corvair van according to Clark's.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

apparently the vair van has been relisted and if the reserve is $1800. thats not bad if i had $1800. i'd buy it if it was as good of shape as pictures show. years ago i passed up a window vair that was only $300. body was good but motor was bad. oh well maybe someday. my dad had a 66 corvair 2 dr car it would fly.
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Post by Lazarusvan Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 pm

bugeye bob wrote:apparently the vair van has been relisted and if the reserve is $1800. thats not bad if i had $1800. i'd buy it if it was as good of shape as pictures show. years ago i passed up a window vair that was only $300. body was good but motor was bad. oh well maybe someday. my dad had a 66 corvair 2 dr car it would fly.

I know. I was tempted. Looks really nice for the price. I can't find the relist. One day, when I can play, I will jump on some others and fix em up...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:19 pm