VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question

cculella
    cculella

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2011-02-03

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question Empty Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question

Post by cculella Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm

I am looking to get a new seat for the passenger side of my '65. Since I still have the original driver and passenger seats, I would like both of them to match and I am looking to keep the original look, no Fiero seats here. So I know that the space is smaller on the passenger side, but would another driver seat fit in the passenger seat space? I can fabricate a new bracket as long as the space is wide enough to fit the cushion. I will also be reupholstering the seats to have new vinyl. Thanks.

- Charlie
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question Empty Re: Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:32 am

Charlie,
    Post a wanted ad in the "G parts Wanted" section. I'm thinking the is a lot of 2nd Gen seats out there from members who've done the Fiero/Miata swap. 2nd gens will still be stock, will fit well and far more comfortable than 1st gen seats.

Hope this helps,
    Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    cculella
    cculella

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question Empty Re: Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question

Post by cculella Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:22 am

Do you know if the driver's seat would fit the passenger's side as well? I would like them to match if possible.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 am

I had 2 first gen seats in my 66 panel and they fit very well. I also had a set of 2nd gen in it before I put Miiata seats in. I have of course sent all the old seats to the dump since then but they do fit well...

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Original Passenger Seat Replacement Question Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    cculella
    cculella

Post by cculella Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks Dan, that's what I needed to know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:01 am