VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

goin turbo!!!

score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

goin turbo!!! Empty goin turbo!!!

Post by score602 Sat May 28, 2011 6:00 pm

went to a car meet last night, guy had a ratty mopar with a slant 6. had a t3/t4 turbo,internal wastegate, plumbed some makeshift tubing to the top of his original 1bbl carb with an ebay blowoff valve.

started to bs with him and my main question was how to get the carb to be able to accept boost.
    he told me somthing along the lines of you have to internally vent the bowl in order for the fuel not to be pushed out due to the boost.

im sure this is very old school and has been done a million and one times but does anyone have any feedback or info on how to prepare a carb for boost. or more specifically a weber 32/36??

he was running a low 5psi but he said it made enough power to trick you into thinking it was a small block.
    this is basically what my econo needs, has a fresh 170 with a mild cam and a weber 32/36, what do you guys think!!!?
    PDXvanman
    PDXvanman

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2010-02-12

goin turbo!!! Empty Re: goin turbo!!!

Post by PDXvanman Mon May 30, 2011 11:33 am

I had a turbocharged motorcyce with a draw-through carb system. Yes, it can be done...yes, it has been done...you'd be saving yourself a LOT of headaches by converting to EFI if you're going to the effort of turbocharging. There are plenty of options fromt the pure DIY (megasquirt, etc.) to off-the-shelf.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:19 am