VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

clutch assm parts?

oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

clutch assm parts? Empty clutch assm parts?

Post by oo3 Fri May 27, 2011 4:15 pm

clutch actuation seems a little stiff - looking at the mech i spot poss 2 problems - 1 is the long rod from the pedal assm to the next assm , supposed to be a long piece of threaded rod - like all thread - i am thinking this may flex some or ? - 2 the assm that is next _ dont know what to call this - transfers the action from the long rod to the clutch assm itself - has a tube assm with maybe bearings or bushings and a grease nipple - i think there is some play in this - cant find any info in my fsm -this is where a factory parts manual would be handy - are there any parts available for this - at some point i will disassemble but can someone tip me to what is in this assm - oo3
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

clutch assm parts? Empty Re: clutch assm parts?

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Clutch Cross shaft - the mechanism that goes between thye adjustment rod and actual clutch fork(into bellhousing) check for mis alignment or bad engine mounts-puts bind on the cross shaft if bad. The cross shaft will need greasing- should be possibly some zerk grease fittings possibly there . Check all mounts including tranny. Loose bellhousing bolts also can be a problem. The actual clutch rod - should never be looking like all-thread- should have possibly threaded ends or at least 1 threaded end - if all thread is used it is never strong enough to carry the presser.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri May 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I think it's covered in these... if not, the are still fun to watch!
    Dodge Technical Service Bulletin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcewnrO5vIc&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3J-KeyDRZU&feature=related
    oo3

Number of posts : 290
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by oo3 Sat May 28, 2011 5:10 pm

those youtube tsbs were very good - but did not cover for this post - did get a confirmation from brian bowie - the all thread rod is wrong - there is supposed to be a straight rod with 90s at each end with cotter pin - no adjust on rod - adjust is on clutch actuating arm - the cross shaft they are calling a z bar - there are nylon bushings in there - possible parts thru year one - thanks to all - oo3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm