VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Back seats??

Back seats?? Empty Back seats??

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 pm

As with most used vans, mine is coming without back seats. 1966 sportvan. Any good ideas on more modern easy to come by seats that wouldn't require intense modification to install? I haven't picked up the van yet so i havent seen the bolt hole patterns on the floor. The van has windows i'm assuming it had seats from the factory. Just want the option of jam packing every one i know into the van for road trips, as well as the utilitarian aspect i'm buying it for.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back seats?? Empty Re: Back seats??

Post by donivan65 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Where are you at? I will be in Little Village, Pilsen and Plainfield in a few weeks,,,,,,,
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:38 pm

I copied off 63 Falcon
    https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t6671-seat-installation-63-falcon-bus

My 65 Chevy has all windows and never had seats in the back.

Back seats?? Dscn0210

Back seats?? Dscn0211
    Back seats?? Dscn0310
    Back seats?? Dscn0213

Ford Aerostar seats, $100 at the bone yard

M1D
    Back seats?? Dscn0212

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

donivan65- I live in Pilsen right off 18th st! You should hit me up when you swing through. My girlfriend manages "Honky Tonk BBQ" at 18th and Racine.

M1dadio- I like what you did with the mounting brackets. 8th inch steel strap drilled with nut welded to strap, welded to the floor? This method appears to avoid punching holes through the floor. I love the idea! Also bench seats that fold flat serve multiple purposes. Sleeping and riding. If you go through the trouble to custom fabricate seat mountings, they might as well be the two position seats you used in the picture above.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back seats?? Empty seats

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 am

Like the seats from ford= are their any that are heated, or and Electric??
    PLEASE Ship Me some=Q!!
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:49 pm

I know there are electric fold down bench seats and maybe heated as well. I you are re-upholstering them you can get aftermarket heating poads to add in.
    But who needs heat in these vans? maybe airconditioned seats?
    Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

I liked the $100 part.
    M1d

M1D
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:38 pm

I was born and raised and grew up under the EL on Cullerton,,,,,Me and my van are much happier now in California. All my brothers and sisters still live in the neighborhood. And I will be out there,,,,,,,

Back seats?? Chicag10

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I live about 5 blocks from where you grew up. What a small world. Is your family Czech, Polish or Italian? Hahahaha! Given the neighborhood and eara... Iv'e only been down in Pilsen for about 3 years now.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes - heated would be good for us northern boys- this week- lows near 32-34 and highs all the way up tp 48=50--- wow = heated seats that make into a bed for those cold nights! We could always turn the heat off in the really hot 2 months of summer when it gets all the way up to=84F
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Thats right,,,,,,my parents were Czech and Polish, They are rebuilding the city starting at Downtown and moving outwards,,,,,my part has not gotten any better over the years,,,,,,,How long you think my van would last if I parked it in the neighborhood now?

Back seats?? Chevyc10

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Your van wouldnt last long Hahahahahaha!! Neither will mine unless i put an alarm system in it the first day i buy it. Hell, any carburated classic vehicle.
    I'm czech myself, some of the draw to the neighborhood for me. It's only a matter of time before Pilsen is just like every stuffy place on the northside. Too close to downtown to escape that fait.
    Didn't think there were many czech or polish holdouts left in the area. Some of the old "sokol" halls are still standing though. Honky tonk bbq was a major czech social hall back in the day. Had a roller rink in the 70's-80's up on the top floor. Apparently the 90's were real bad in Pilsen/Little Village area. Lotsa gang warfare. Cops have taken control in the last ten years. There are still shootings all the time when the weather's nice, but its always one hispanic banger killing another. They seem to leave honest working/family folks alone.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:48 pm

My family is still there because they are too scared to go outside,,,,,they just live to survive,,,,,,but it's really easy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,,,,,,good luck on finding nice weather,,,,,,,,and what did you do this Winter,,,,,,,is Winter even over yet? (Didn't it snow yesterday?) The highlight of my trip is the food,,,,,,then I visit my family between meals,,,,,,,

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:59 am

Just like so many that grow up and stay in the inner city... Some just don't know what else the world has to offer them. Winters are harsh as always. we only get about 4 months of deccent weather in chicago. Woke up with snow on the ground less than a week ago.
    You won't be dissapointed by the food in this city, thats for sure. My LA friends always complain that the portions are too big. There are some newish restraunts around your hood for you to try.
    Maybe i'll get lucky and hit a nice you-pull-it junkyard on the way back with the van today. Would like to get the style of seat M1D has posted above. Sure would be nice to have bed seats!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 am