VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
savage
G-Man
PolarBear2
7 posters

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!!

PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Number of posts : 183
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!! Empty PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!!

Post by PolarBear2 Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 am

I'm very happy to announce the 307/350 in PolarBear2 have been removed and all went well. If anyone wants this old engine and trans please come and pick them up.

Now starts the cleaning and detailing on the underside. I'll still be a short bit before the 350/700R4 are installed. Very excited to be underway with this build.

The paint work on the `72 swb G20 is also coming along nicely.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!! Empty Re: PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!!

Post by G-Man Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 pm

How about some pic's
    savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!! Empty Re: PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!!

Post by savage Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:41 am

PB, good to hear your getting started on your Van. (Wish I was closer for the motor & trans.) Also cool to hear your sons 72 van paint job is going well.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:52 am

Thats exciting ,be sure and post some pics. Bill
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:57 pm

So Mark,,,,,did last months fires on Camp Pendelton catch your attention???? And are you watching Knight Rider with Kitt as a Shelby Mustang?????

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!! Kitt_110

PolarBear2 Goes Under The Wrench!!!!! Kitt_210
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Post by PolarBear2 Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Wasn't too worried b/c the wind was blowing away from us. Made for exciting viewing though.

Nope, not a Night Rider or a Shelby Fan.

Sorry it took so long to reply, been consumed with trying to find my M1D brackets. Finally broke down and bought 2 more sets from LF.

I've got the underside all clean and almost ready to undercoat & paint. I have the front axle out and going to the powder coater also replacing the king pins.
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046

Post by VANagain Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:28 pm

Hey PolarBear! I've been meaning to ask how your van project is going. Mine is going real slow, but I really want to get it running before Christmas!!

I've wondered if anyone here in California ever undercoats their vehicles. Maybe you're doing it because you're going to be off roading. One thing I like about it is it makes the wheel wells black. I don't like seeing the paint color behind the wheels. Does that make sense? Same with behind the grill. You see a lot of restored cars where this bright color is peeking out through the grill. Don't look right to me.

Did you see the hanger I'm fabricating for my 700R4? Photos here. I decided I don't want a crossmember going under the tranny. It's so clean when you just hang it like the stock trannies.
    PolarBear2
    PolarBear2

Post by PolarBear2 Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:41 am

Working on the Vans everyday, got the roof on the `72 primered yesterday. Little more sanding and we'll be ready to shoot the door jams and then hang the doors. Going to shoot the outside with the Van all together.

Interesting hanger your making, I agree, cleaner look if the trans is installed that way. Nothing wrong with a nice tubular crossmember either though. I'm going to look into both designs before I go one way or the other. I've got the parts and some ideas of my own.

Picking up my front disc brake rotors today to start matching them to the hubs. Keep after it, you need to cruise up here sometime.

PB2
    Kakster
    Kakster

Number of posts : 236
    Registration date : 2008-05-18

Post by Kakster Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:15 pm

When I first got my 67 back in the 80s one of the first things I did was to clean the spray rubberized undercoat under the van. As I get the beast road ready again I think I will recoat it underneath. Figure it won't hurt and should inhibit rust and help dampen noise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:42 am