VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
econopoor
southern man
6 posters

My interior will look something like this

My interior will look something like this Empty My interior will look something like this

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:37 pm

This is what I want my 61 Econo to look like with a few differences. This interior was done by Fred Carello. I am having him do my seats, dog house door panels with the same arm rests as in the pics and complete carpet kit. In the same colors but probably will use some tweed too. Freds work is outstanding and with the birds eye maple dash etc. it should look really good in my truck. I also will have two amps, two 10'subs and four 5 way 6x9 speakers all Pioneer and a Pioneer head unit. Still looking for a good dash skirt to have done the same as the dash cover I am having done( see my other thread on dash cover.

My interior will look something like this Dougsh10

My interior will look something like this Dougsh11

My interior will look something like this Dougsh12

My interior will look something like this Dougsh13

My interior will look something like this Dougsh14

My interior will look something like this Dougsh15

My interior will look something like this Dsc05710
    And with this color of steering wheel hopefully
    My interior will look something like this Grant_12
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

My interior will look something like this Empty Re: My interior will look something like this

Post by southern man Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:12 pm

All I can say is WOW! I can't wait for Fred to send me my front carpet set (floor, front fascia and wheel wells).

I like the door handles and window cranks in your examples. Any idea where they came from, or other alternatives?

Last edited by southern man on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

My interior will look something like this Empty Re: My interior will look something like this

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:17 pm

I have the same door and window cranks. I think I got them from jegs or summit racing. I don't think I will use them in the pickup though since I want to shave the door handles and install poppers on the doors. Also if you look at the pics of the interior I posted there is two of the rear window that pops out. I plan on doing that to my 61 Econo pickup
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 pm

You can't go wrong with Fred's work. I saw Doug's pickup at Carlisle and it looks great in person. My interior looks a lot like this but it's hard to see being black. I went with loop pile instead of cut but either will look great. I really liked Doug's pop out rear window. Cool stuff!!

Duane in Tennessee

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 pm

I had the loop carpet in Vanishing Breed and had Problems with things getting snagged on the loops and making runs in the carpet.
    eco

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by eco Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:58 am

Have you found a steering wheel adapter kit for the new wheel? I need one for a '63. I want the Mooneyes California Metal Flake wheel.

Eco

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:28 am

yes a Grant 4280 adaptor. they have them at Jegs.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Kind of strange that with all that beautiful work you would not paint the seat rails and blower motor etc...
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Me Likey!!!!!! SWEEEEEET!!!!!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Donn wrote:Kind of strange that with all that beautiful work you would not paint the seat rails and blower motor etc...
    The legs on my seats are chrome instead of black and I won't have a heater at all. Nothing will be black in my interior. The painted parts will be the same color as the outside of the truck a Cadillac Pearl white possible with some small gold metal flake mixed in the clear.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:51 pm

I may live to regret going with loop pile. So far so good. Fred even put some tarp gromets in the doghouse carpet so the bolts wouldn't snag the threads when they were tightened. I still have to be careful running bolts thru the carpet for seats and belts. Hopfully I won't have to take it apart again.

The kick panel Fred makes for the front of the cab is really nice. It makes the interior. The only bad thing I can say about Fred's interior work is that is makes the rest of my truck look crappy. My old truck is definitely not worthy of such a wonderful interior. Now I just have to build a nicer truck and go see Fred again.

Duane in Tennessee.
    fmc56
    fmc56

Number of posts : 553
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by fmc56 Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 am

Donn wrote:Kind of strange that with all that beautiful work you would not paint the seat rails and blower motor etc...
    Doug is from Canada and I only had the truck in RI for a limited time. Eventually all of the yellow paint was redone in camel to match the upholstery. I had suggested it to Doug before he brought it to me but he didn't have time to get it done until afterwards.
    My interior will look something like this Dsc05710
    Fred

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 pm