VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+11
kookykrispy
m1dadio
econopoor
61econoline
lectricman
Van Halen
austinmodhouse
DanTheVanMan
G-Man
slowflapper
delraydoug
15 posters

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ?

delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ? Empty how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ?

Post by delraydoug Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:23 pm

one of the bigger classic car insurance co. gave me a little bit of of hard time getting a policy. they stated that vans were not a collector or classic vehicle no matter what year or make it was. sent them more pictures and they sent me my cards. now i just have to deal with new york state DMV registering a van with missing reg. and off road for 16 years Rolling Eyes
    slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ? Empty Re: how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ?

Post by slowflapper Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:13 pm

I have Hagerty Insurance on mine, $10k worth of coverage with I think a 5k mileage limit is about $120 a year. The amount of mileage and coverage is all variable. Get an online quote for numbers.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ? Empty Re: how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ?

Post by G-Man Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:16 pm

Hagerty with me
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Ditto here..........

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 pm

I have hagerty on two vehicles (neither are vans) one is a meager $36 a year with a value of $6k. I will but when we moved, their underwriters said my three car carport was not enclosed and they were going to cancel my policy... we went back and forth and I waited, got mail from them and it was a bill to renew. that was two years ago.

so it may very well depend on who you talk to at that time.

I plan to get the van on the rd next few weeks, not sure if I'll go w/ hagerty or my regular ins folks as they also have a "collector" policy.
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Farm Bureau for me..
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm

I have State farm classic insurance but the y wanted it "done"... I asked what done consisted of and she told me the underwriters said it wasn't "done" because it wasn't painted.... tractor matte black and kabota orange and a long weekend and wala!!

how many vanners have classic car insurance on van ? Paint8

I fiberglassed the major holes and painted over the dents and dings and they didn't care, as long as it was painted.... go figure... runs me around $13 a month for $4500 worth... And that is what they said it was worth...
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:10 pm

grundy here 160 a year
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:36 pm

I have Grundy on my truck as well as another vehicle. They gave a cheaper quote than Hagerty and they have unlimited mileage. The also allow you to drive it to work on occasion. I had collector insurance through Safeco but switched. I've never had a claim but I've been happy with everything so far.

Duane in Tennessee.
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

Post by m1dadio Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Man insurance sure is cheep in the USA, like Gasoline

I pay $756/yr on my van. basic insurance with no increased value over the book value of $400 and its not a daily drive. Thats part time use with restrictions.

My 2009 Malibu insurance costs $1300/yr as a regular driver.

Ive been driving 47 years with no problems so I get all the safe and responsable driver discounts. Those prices are the discounted price.

You guys don't have anything to complain about, we also pay $5/gallon for gas up here. The crazy part is most the gasoline we produce in Canada goes to the US where its sold for $3 a gallon, whats wrong with that picture?

M1D

M1D
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by kookykrispy Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 am

Hagerty here... limited use policy.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:05 am

in CA. they all want it stored inside so after I empty my storage I'll have it.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 am

Hagerty here, $120 a year for the 65 and the 68, I was paying $100 with just the 68 Then I added the 65. Both for 10G. They (Hagerty) dont like Hoop garages. Just a heads up! And they want the interoir finished, I gave them a shiney picture of the dashboard of the van due to its not done yet.
    delraydoug
    delraydoug

Number of posts : 210
    Registration date : 2010-07-01

Post by delraydoug Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:08 pm

i went with grundy $80.00 a year for 5000.00 coverage . collision, fire, theft, glass, no deductable
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 am

wow i need to change insurance providers , allstate $136. liability only..
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 am

Hagerty, $280 a year full coverage ( insured at $12k) with higher liabilities to match my other policies . Bill

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 am