VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Are there any good hearted vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.?

Are there any good hearted  vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.? Empty Are there any good hearted vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 am

The reason i am asking is my mother left Indiana two days ago and is driving to East Texas and she just lost all power while driving at 70 MPH. everything died and the gauges are still stuck at 65MPH. she had AAA and they just got to her but AAA will only tow three miles then she has to pay which is no big deal but i was wondering if there is someone out there that would be free to help get her back out on the road? i don't know what the deal is with her van(1998 GMC1500) but she is out there by herself and her two little dogs and as a son I worry about her being on the road by herself she is 61 and has a breathing disorder (C.O.P.D.) and very little money. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong? i was thinking that either her ALT went out or the belt to the ALT broke because she has no power at all.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Are there any good hearted  vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.? Empty Re: Are there any good hearted vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.?

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

If it acts like the battery is dead ,,,,,,,,,,it could be the fusible link at the starter solenoid burnt out,,,,,,,

Are there any good hearted  vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.? Empty Re: Are there any good hearted vanners around Arkadelphia, AR.?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

Lord i hope so.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:35 am

Some GM V8 engines run all the fusible links under the exhaust manifold through a tunnel that mounts on the top of the starter solenoid,,,,,,so sometimes they leave that tunnel off when they change a starter or it comes loose and the wire shorts out and the fusible link pops,,,,,,,and then, of course, there might actually be another problem that blows the link. But thats where I would be looking if the van all of a sudden acts like a dead battery.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 pm

I HOPE EVERY THING WORKS OUT FOR YOU. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE AAA THING IN PENNSLYVANIA THEY TOW 100 MILES NO CHARGE. I JUST HAD MY KIDS CAR TOWED LAST WEEK.??? I WOULD QUESTION THAT WITH THEM...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

everything is good now she is back on the road and made it to Texas. i issue was that her battery terminal bolt was stripped out and came undone. I tell ya that my stress level was pretty high yesterday when I got that phone call from my mother with her being 17 hours away from me and i couldn't just run over and look at it for her. thank you for yalls in put. i will check on the AAA towing thing because she also wants to drive over to AZ then all the way back to Indy.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8732
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:22 pm

I AM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT IT ALL WORKED OUT!!! I KNOW THE FEELING!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:10 am