VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
Scotts_A100
dix
6 posters

oil dip sticktube

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

oil dip sticktube Empty oil dip sticktube

Post by dix Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:24 pm

can anyone give me a mopar part # for a 69 318 oil dipstick tube?? also did the dipstick tube change in the later years.?? dodge is tellimg me they can only search back to 1985. thanks.
    Scotts_A100

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

oil dip sticktube Empty Re: oil dip sticktube

Post by Scotts_A100 Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Dix,

Are you looking for one, I may have a spare as I pretty sure I pulled the one from my bad original block before scrapping it. I can check if you're interested. Also, I'm pretty sure too that these tubes and dip sticks were all the same on the 318, I didn't check it to the replacement blocks tube but I think it was the same.

Scott...
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:17 am

Its allways best to pick up a dipstick and tube as a set they do vary in lengh.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:39 am

when i purchased my A the dipstick tube was rusted but was intact enough to measure it length, when i attempted to pull it out it fell apart and part went into to pan so i had to pull and clean needless to say i went down to auto parts store and bought a chrome generic one measured and cut tube and dipstick.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:16 pm

MY OLD STOCK ONE WAS JUNK I INSTALLED A CHROME ONE OVER THE WINTER IT DID NOT FIT WELL BUT IN BROKE OUT AT NORWALK LAST WEEK. I DO HAVE THE MEASUREMENTS . IDID NOT TRY TO GET THE BOTTOM TAIL OUT YET BUT I THINK I'LL END UP DROPING THE PAN TO GET IT OUT. OFCORES I DON'T HAVE A LIFT SO I'LL BE LAYING UNDER IT AGAIN...
    Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Dix,

I'm attaching a picture of the spare 318 tube and stick that I have. It was never rusted, I had already cleaned it, primed it and put a coat of paint on it.

Also, I noticed that when I uploaded the photo a bit was chopped off on the right side, if you click on the image it will display the full size.

If you have any additional questions please let me know. Scott...

oil dip sticktube A100_310
    BADBADGER
    BADBADGER

Number of posts : 246
    Registration date : 2009-05-15

oil dip sticktube Empty Dip stick tube

Post by BADBADGER Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 am

Im glad this topic popped up. When my engine came back from the rebuild shop there was a short piece of pipe with a copper tube stuck in one end in the nuts and bolts box. It appears this was a home made dipstick tube that the po had used. Now i Also need to find out the correct length of dip stick and tube for the 67 318. Thanks in advance!!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

BADBADGER IS YOUR OIL PAN INSTALLED? OR NOT. IF SO AND YOU HAVE A DIPSTICK THEN SLIDE IT DOWN THE HOLE WERE THE TUBE WOULD BE TILL IT HITS THE PAN AND SUBTRACT 1/4 TO 1/2 INCH YOU CAN DO THIS WITH THE DIPSTICK TUBE IN AS WELL. IF THE DIPSTICK IS TO SHORT YOU CAN CUT THE TUBE WITH A SMALL HAND HELD PIPE CUTTER. I WOULD MEASURE IT A FEW TIMES TO MAKE SURE THE DIPSTICK DOES NOT HIT THE PAN AND TURN ON YOU... THE CHROME ONES ON E-BAY DID NOT FIT WELL ON MINE IT WAS TO TIGHT GOING IN I GUESS THAT IS WHEN I CRACKED IT
    67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Post by 67a 100 pickup Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:21 pm

Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Dix,

I'm assuming that you received the dip stick and tub that I had sent. I'd not seen or heard anything from you in a couple days. Scott...
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:47 pm

sorry my computer crashed i just got it back yesi did receive the tube and i will send you your money out. thanks again scott..
    Scotts_A100

Post by Scotts_A100 Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Dix,

Getting the money for the Tube/Stick was not a concern. I just wanted to confirm/know that you received it and that you were happy with it. Have you tried to install it as yet? Scott...
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by dix Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:54 pm

no i was @ norwalk/ chrysler classics when i broke it. when i came home i had to put it away cuz i picked up a escape from flordia for my son in college . had to do brakes and state inspection and get him back on the road . now that is done i can get back to the a-100 i hope i can get the bottom of the tube out with out droping the pan. it looks like mon.eve i will be on that . looks like the alt. will be comming back out just to make room...if it were easy my wife would be doing it.!. as for the dipstick & tube i am very pleased , i could not be happier. thank-you...with the alt. out i may be changing over to the 2 field alt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:24 pm