VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

rosalita updates

rosalita updates Empty rosalita updates

Post by Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:28 pm

i'm utilizing the free internet at the village inn down the street from me, but unfortunately these greasy hashbrowns will warrant me spending the rest of the day laying around in pain rather than working on the van.

gas tank had a leak in it. dropped the gas tank and fixed it. unfortunately, there's a trailer hitch welded nto the frame, since it's a camp wagon.. and i had maybe a 2.5 inch gap to fit my sausage fingers in between to loosen the bolts.... and i only have normal sized sockets... so i had to use a wrench and it took half of an hour to remove 2 nuts. damn.

once the tank was dropped, i could see where the previous owner tried to patch it. unfortunately, they tried to patch where the drip was forming at the bottom... not where the crack was.

i drained the tank and located the crack. it was only about a quarter of an inch big. jb weld, fixed. i also painted the tank a conspicuous yellow with some rustoleum so i could see if any cracks re-occured.

i rebuilt the carb. holy crap. i never thought i'd be doing anything like this or understanding things of this sort. unfortunately, i accidentally, apparently, bent the floaters a bit, so i'm going to have to take it apart again and bend them back.

i don't have internet at home, but i think i can access this on my phone, so i'll try to post more.

also, a woman followed me home a week or so ago and started talking to me about vanning. her husband apparently has 4 or 5 a100s and they invited me to go to a camping/vanning trip down in the springs... unfortunately, i wasn't running well enough to participate.

also, moderators/ board owner: this gentleman said he tried to join but he was denied for some reason. he seems like a really nice guy and i'm not sure if he has some technical difficulties or something... but his name is rob and he's a super nice guy from colorado.

here's some photos:
    rosalita updates Img00010

dropped, gotta disconnect hoses:
    rosalita updates Img00011

rosalita updates Img00013

rosalita updates Img00014

that's the previous patch up that i did not make:
    rosalita updates Img00015

i don't have a roller, so i got filthy:
    rosalita updates Img00016

engine without carb:
    rosalita updates Img00018

oh, lordy.
    rosalita updates Img00019

rebuilt!
    rosalita updates Img00020

i also changed out the spark plugs and did some other small random things... feeling pretty good about everything.

hope y'all are doing well.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

rosalita updates Empty Re: rosalita updates

Post by G-Man Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:36 pm

Sounds like the van is coming along. JB weld has saved my butt more than once. (great stuff) Have your friend contact chebby direct, she will help him out.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 am

Nuttin' like working on your own stuff. It drive me nuts sometimes, but the satisfaction of doing things yourself outweighs the headaches.
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:53 am

Is Rob from Colorado = Colorado Robert (who may or may not exist)?
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:06 am

i agree with nate , plus you save a few$$ looks like your campwagons coming together nicely. ben's tip for the day cardboard boxes make exlent creepers!!! cheap n ez. Smile

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm

not to get too existential, but I post, therefore I exist

hey Alex, thanks for the kind words, wish I could have been there when you needed help

Colorado Robert

Post by Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:22 pm

hey everyone, i got her up and running... i'm still having some slight carb/accelerator difficulties... but my idle speed is just weird... i'm going to have someone take a look at it.

i messed with the intakes and with the idle speed screw to little avail... so i just have to slightly, ever so gentle gas it just to have it idle correctly.

hope y'all are doing well.

-alex

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 am

thats funny you say that you have to ever so slightly gas it to keep running as I have the same problem with mine. I have to drive a three pedals with two feet. If you fix it please let me know how.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:28 am

Are you running with points or electronic ignition? I don't know if that's an issue for you, but I've always found my Mopars run better with electronic ignition. Just smoother overall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:01 pm