VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

New Early Enthusiast!!!

Nate66

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

New Early Enthusiast!!! Empty New Early Enthusiast!!!

Post by Nate66 Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:43 am

Hello all, I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my 66 GMC display project. I thought I'd drop in and introduce myself, and let you know that I'm impressed with the community here and over at the owners club. I'm sure I'll have questions that'll need answered, and parts that I'll need, but I've already gotten a lot of the answers sorted out by reading what's here.

I just happened across this van while searching randomly in an attempt to quantify what exactly it was that I wanted in a vehicle. I'm young enough that I wasn't even aware of these vans existence. I'm now absolutely in love with the 64-66 earlies.

My plan is to get this on the road as quickly as possible, and use it for what it's name describes. A handy Van. I'm trying to get back on my feet a little after a few years of illness, and I need a rig that has a little room, as my current vehicle is just a tiny gas-saver. It's classiness is also a must, because I am intending to make a passion of classic vehicles and metal working my focus as income, if I can.

I'm located in Central WA, so anyone who's close, give a shout out! I'll be on here regularly in the upcoming months I would wager.

New Early Enthusiast!!! 00210
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

New Early Enthusiast!!! Empty Re: New Early Enthusiast!!!

Post by G-Man Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 am

Welcome to the site!!!! More pictures
    G-Force
    G-Force

Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2010-04-02

Post by G-Force Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Welcome! Welcome! I am an owner of a second gen display. I am currently working on getting mine roadworthy and then will be working on aesthetics next. I absolutely love the displays as they have a "dual personality". I hope that you are able to get yours on the road soon and run into enough local guys to hang with. This community of vanners is no less than the best and I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with any help that you need. Good Luck!
    -john
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Welcome Nate.Congrats on your 1st gen! Don't expect to find a lot of repro-parts,but we all tend to turn towards one another for anything ya might need on parts or advice.Hope you get it on the road soon.Body don't look too bad a shape.Was this just recently on Craigslist?
    Nate66

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Post by Nate66 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Yep, recently on craigslist in spokane.

It has some issues(roof) for sure, but I'm seeing them all as challenges. Like I said, working metal is a passion that I'm trying to get into more and more, so this is right up my alley.

I'm unbelievably excited about this thing.

Lack of parts is something I'm used to. I always seem to go for the non-mainstream vehicles. My other project right now is this baby. Need something bigger though. These GM's have a lot more parts available for much cheaper than I have to deal with on this thing. Most parts have to come from britain. Also, I'm craving some American steel.
    New Early Enthusiast!!! 2915019940103872323S600x600Q85

What they look like undamaged:
    New Early Enthusiast!!! Ford-Anglia-307E-thames-Van-heartbeat-extra
    New Early Enthusiast!!! 2008-2-5_AngliaVanWeb-Large

More pics!

New Early Enthusiast!!! 00110

New Early Enthusiast!!! 00510

New Early Enthusiast!!! Top10

New Early Enthusiast!!! Dsc00310

New Early Enthusiast!!! Dsc00312

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:34 am