VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

I need your help...carburetor issue

Boogie Van
    Boogie Van

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-06-17

I need your help...carburetor issue Empty I need your help...carburetor issue

Post by Boogie Van Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:41 pm

I have a 250 str 6 that has a two barrel Holly that is actually a center carb from a 6 pack. I need to get a air filter on top of this thing but obviously I will not be able to use the original filter so I need to rig something up on top of fabricating a base plate for the filter. I need help with ideas and/or for those living in Western Washington, do have and suggestions for me as to who to go talk to in the area? I live in Silverdale.

Any info or suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

The link below will show the carb Im talking about. It is the center carb.

http://www.holley.com/types/O.E.%20Muscle%20Car%20Carbs.asp
    m1dadio
    m1dadio
    Chevy Guru

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2008-10-06

I need your help...carburetor issue Empty Re: I need your help...carburetor issue

Post by m1dadio Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:03 pm

FGor one thing you can go to an air filter manufacturers web sight an look at what they have. There are filters made to fit right on that carb.

If it where mine I would run a cap with a tube going to a fresh ans cold air source outside the dag house. The air up in there is hot and that reduces power.

M1D
    Boogie Van
    Boogie Van

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2010-06-17

I need your help...carburetor issue Empty Re: I need your help...carburetor issue

Post by Boogie Van Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:07 pm

Thanks Brahda...I appreciate it.!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm