VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
texasjohn
Nightmoves
6 posters

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two!

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two! Empty 'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two!

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 10:13 pm

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two! Gauges10
    I'm sure i'm not the first person to do this, and i like where its headed so far... but to the people who've done it, there are some mysterious brown/white stripe wires in the harness... and i assume the pink wire is a ground for the oil pressure, fuel level, voltage, and temp gauges.. everything else works awesome and i'm psyched to have a blue highbeam indicator!

Just looking for some advice or a diagram link to help me out
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two! Empty Re: 'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two!

Post by Nightmoves Thu May 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Cope...ya might check with Scott on the 2nd gen diagram.I believe he has one on a pdf file you can print.
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two! Empty Re: 'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two!

Post by texasjohn Thu May 20, 2010 11:45 pm

hey Jack, is that thing all black yet?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Fri May 21, 2010 3:57 am

Looks good cope!!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri May 21, 2010 4:38 am

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

'Custom' Gauges in the '67.. a question or two! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Fri May 21, 2010 5:14 am

Cope the color wiring diag that Viewmaster made is a big help. Here's the link for it in a 5 page version. Save each page then print them and tape them together(you'll have to do a little trimming to get them to match up). Comes in real handy

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/member-s-showcase-f2/getting-ready-to-travel-t2759-15.htm#10427

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Fri May 21, 2010 8:00 am

Hey Cope, PM sent..

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 8:03 am

oh yeah, i've got a big fold out copy of Viewmaster's diagram already {SUPER handy} i think i'm looking for THIRD gen tho.. i'll take a few pics of what i'm working with this afternoon.

And John - I've got an awesome theme cooked up for her like you've never seen! i can't say it here because i'm afraid i'll jinx it! she ought to be black by the end of next week and then some hand painting will ensue.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri May 21, 2010 8:55 am

Sorry for the confusion on 'who had what',I guess age 50 is startin to show.CRS
    But that is a good lookin setup you got goin on.

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 12:52 pm

heck yeah, taking a break from it right now, the pink looped through all the new gauges is actually 12V+

next is temp and oil! its almost functional

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:49 pm