VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Empty Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Here are some images of my latest work. I am in way over my head.

Tranny cross member custom conected to custom ladder bars:

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Downlo10

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Downlo11

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Downlo12

What do you think?

Heavy
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Empty Re: Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system

Post by Digz Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm

It looks tuff enuff thats for sure. Also may leave you open for easier exhaust plumbing. I can't tell for sure in the pics , but make sure you can get your tailshaft housing off and have access to your speedo drive, you may have to tweak your speedo gears to dial in the dash speedometer or do it before the final install. You may also get some sound transfer with the solid hiem joints. Sleeve or bush the holes thru the frame, you will get some serious torque transfer there. As light as these vans are I was quite suprised how well they hook up with the posi and the 295/50 tires. I think its a cool idea and well done. my 2 cents

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Empty Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am

Hey Digz,

Thanks for the thoughts. All my efforts were to minimize sound and vibration and the heim joints may be a problem. If it ends up being a vibration hum that drives me nuts, I'm going to chop the front connections joints and re fab the other kind, with the rubber bushing thing. I would have done it that way from the start but I'm rushing this restoration just to get it on the road. Its going to be my daily driver for the non winter months and it will be replacing my rapidly declining Safari.

Heavy
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system Empty Re: Custom Tranny Hanger and ladder bars system

Post by Digz Tue May 18, 2010 3:21 pm

I hear ya on the rush part. I have a short list of re-do's and to-do's also because I wanted to drive the darn thing !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm