VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping

Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping Empty Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I am doing some body work on my 65 GMC handivan and need to repair some rust hole above the exhaust pipe. It will be easier to replace the lower panel than do a bunch of patch work. Does anyone know where I might get a panel. Also I am redoing the weather stripping around all the doors and was wondering what people have use these days for that job. Thanks Mike.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping Empty Re: Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping

Post by Scott Wed May 05, 2010 5:11 am

richie61
    richie61

Number of posts : 445
    Registration date : 2010-01-04

Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping Empty Re: Lower Side Panel & Weather Stripping

Post by richie61 Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am

If Econopoor can't help look in the links page, there is a company that sells restoration panels and brothers sells the weatherstripping. You can pull the weatherstripping at the wreaking yard. Donivan told me that some Dodge vans are similar to ours. As long as it is like 1/2 square/wide it should work. I have to change that side as well. Mine was hit at one time and was repaired with a bad bondo job. My 2 cents.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed May 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Can we see some pics of the van ,, be easier to see what you need?

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I'll work on some pics, maybe some before and after ones. I'll check out econopoor and the local junkers. Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 pm