VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Nate the Skate's 67 Dodge C&P Telephone Van

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Nate the Skate's 67 Dodge C&P Telephone Van - Page 2 Empty Re: Nate the Skate's 67 Dodge C&P Telephone Van

Post by G-Man Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Not to change the subject, but I wouldn't put grey carpet in your "A". I'm a Carpet cleaner and I can tell you grey is the hardest to keep clean and keep looking nice.
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

Nate the Skate's 67 Dodge C&P Telephone Van - Page 2 Empty Re: Nate the Skate's 67 Dodge C&P Telephone Van

Post by Hemi A-100 Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey Benwah, if you want you can try and email me some pics of your A-100's and I can post then for you. I really dig your pickup, Cragars just always look so awesome on A-100's! Very Happy
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:01 pm

thanks for the heads up G-Man im thinkin about that snap together hard wood flooring at lowes for the floor, carpeting is for the headliner and lower pannels. guess ill have to brain storm a lil more... thanks Hemi ill take you up on the offer, if you dig the pickup youll love the van! cragars look awesome on any early!!!!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:57 am

First off, that garage is fantastic! I'd love to stop by and visit someday as it looks to have all sorts of cool memorobilia.

So Nate, aside from bringing your van back from the dead, do have any ideas yet where you'll be going with it as far as color and mods? Great work so far.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:38 am

There's something about an ex phone company van that's really cool....I think it's the working history of it. You know it's been used and some guy was driving it every day for a living. It's got that good Karma to it!

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:51 am

I plan on keep it as stock as possible. Gonna stick with the green paint and stock wheels. I found a set original hubcaps in excellent shape. The interior will be paneled with a bed in the back. I'm going with a phone theme so to speak.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:21 am

I notice your rear doors seems to have slider stoppers pop riveted to them. I imagine these are not original, right? Are they from another van or homemade or what?

Last edited by enbro on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:40 am

Oh ya, there's a van just like yours here, it's a '66.

http://www.theironalley.com/

I almost bought it, but then I found the one I have.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 am

I played with my "A" a bit this summer and did the interior a bit in the rear. I will take a few pictures today and see if I can post them for you all to see. I just read about putting paneling and snap together wood in it and I think you will like this better.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:28 am

thats cool your going to paint it-keep it mostly original, some vans look good when restored to original looks. enbro, thats one cool site love all those old trucks,dig the cabovers from the 50's

Post by Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 pm

enbro wrote:I notice your rear doors seems to have slider stoppers pop riveted to them. I imagine these are not original, right? Are they from another van or homemade or what?

Those were on it when I got it. I think the phone company did that so I'm gonna leave them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:59 am