VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+69
AKSATECH
KISSfan
Ohio_Skipper
dudley32
dodge A-108
rocky69rhodes
chopper tom
vanman2
Bruce67Econoline
A100 Wrench
AzDon
Catimann
rgbaldwin
RipVanArkie
66 E100
Wheelie
Joe Van
Leftcoast65
scrubba
ndjarrett
vanny
Rakehell
dodge man
rebar
Axlejack
12speedfurd
Exto
Todlich
Camaro Addict
Gothboy
dannyrandomstate
Rayallen
scarlin
HandiVanMan
Xelmon
andrew carter
Lazarusvan
Dragsterbus
score602
Twinpilot001
Mike's_MysteryMachine
Big W
gkpost
A100Sportsman
Van Halen
vanbeach66
econopoor
toad
Corvanman
ChevyVanMan1
itruns
mr. duece
kiwimopar
crazzycat
panelmanrd
wylee
Bill W
fmc56
67a 100 pickup
crazee
Nightmoves
DanTheVanMan
sonnygable
BvrWally
vanner68
G-Man
donivan65
Vanish
Admin
73 posters

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 4 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by HandiVanMan Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:44 am

I found this site while googling for old vans and parts. With good ole google you can do or find just about anything. Now if I could just get it to help me work on my old van that would really be kool-:(Lol)
    scarlin
    scarlin

Number of posts : 258
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 4 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by scarlin Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Gman, Bakers 2011 and the other place
    Sam
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Found while looking for classic vans, google or yahoo search.
    dannyrandomstate
    dannyrandomstate

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2012-02-26

Post by dannyrandomstate Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Years ago I had family members in the van club United Vans Berdoo. So fast forward some 30 years and I was looking at Outlaw Vans Berdoo van club website, and amongst my searching I came across this website! This place is great!
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:53 am

I was hunting down images of a100's, trying to decide which options I was looking for the most, and then i suddenly realized that almost every pic that I liked happened to be on your site. I would read about it and everyone was always so polite and friendly, not to mention seemed to be very well versed in their own type of vehicle. Its a cool place you've created here. thank you! -Gothy-
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Welcome Gothboy!!! How about some pic's of your van
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Welcome Gothboy...and yes post some pics when you get a chance.
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 pm

@ BigW and G-Man I haven't had an early since the mid nineties. :/
    The good news is though it left such a wonderful impression that once I sell
    My 59 caddy I'll most definately get another! I'm already watching
    and waiting for my (very very near) time to come! Smile thanks for
    the warm welcome! Looks likeim gonna have a great time here!
    -GothY-

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

I was told to go away from other forums and come here ... refugee

Camaro Addict
    Camaro Addict

Number of posts : 250
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Post by Camaro Addict Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:17 pm

I was online looking at GMC handi van pics and info for the site showed up so I checked it out & joined as did my dad ,,,,,,,, great site by the way
    Todlich
    Todlich

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2012-08-03

Post by Todlich Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 am

Looking thru posts on For A bodies Only and somebody mentioned this site.Been looking at early a100/108's for the last week,while working on my 72' Duster.
    Exto
    Exto

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2012-08-01

Post by Exto Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:54 pm

I decided to go with a van for my first significant classic vehicle, and this was the site that came up when I started searching for webforums that would have info on what I was buying. Been here almost a week, and everyone that's replied to any questions I've had has been very helpful. Looks like I came to the right place.
    12speedfurd
    12speedfurd

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2012-08-23

Post by 12speedfurd Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:37 pm

From the "Econoline Madness" thread on the HAMB.
    Kurt
    Axlejack
    Axlejack

Number of posts : 49
    Registration date : 2012-11-22

Post by Axlejack Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am

My Dad owned a red 74 chevy short van with tear drop portal windows and I had loved that van. I just recently lost him to cancer this year and wanted to get a early van (red preferably) to put on my 4x4 frame because Dad love to go to the mud bogs with me. Craigslist had nothing to offer in the style I was looking for then I found this on a random search of google---->How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 4 DREAMCARsmaller which is a 1969 to 1974 model ford but I found that I like the earlier vans much more than the 70s vans. With further searching I found Vintage Vans and I'm hooked. I have spent hours looking at all the gallery pictures and the build forums of other members and I have to say I Must own one. I actually would like to sell my 4x4 classic truck just to get a real nice one rather than just get the bogger body I originally started out looking for. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this forum and I hope to own and enjoy an early along with you all.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:07 am

Stumbled over a roch & looked -There it was!! Great site & bunch=Happy Vannin cheers
    rebar
    rebar

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Came across this forum while searching for info to fix some long-ignored maladies my van'd been plagued with. Had no idea I'd find such a great group of guys interested in these old vehicles, let alone v-v clubs.

In my very first post I stated that I am not an enthusiast. This is because I've had my van for a good while and repair work has become more of an annoyance to me. Now adays I just use it for short pick-up/delivery trips for business, maybe once a month. IOW, in recent times, it's been pretty much viewed as a tool in the driveway and I've only logged 2k miles on it in the last 8 years.

And then I come here and find guys who are genuinely enthusiastic about these machines. Some of your vans/pickups are beautiful to say the least and some of the mechanical improvements quite awe-inspiring. My hat is off to all of you guys.

So now, maybe this forum is starting to revive my lost enthusiasm.

dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 pm

while google searching vintage van parts, glad i found this site, everyone is helpfull with all my questions. its a great place to meet fellow vaners
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 pm

I dropped the TV remote and it slid under the couch. When I looked under there I found Vintage-Vans.com and about $2.83 in change, plus a slipper.

(Really, I just followed a link from VCVC)
    Rakehell

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2011-01-10

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 4 Empty I love vintage-vans

Post by Rakehell Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello all,I found this site one day probably in 2007or08 when i had the notion that after all those years i wanted another early chevy van.And i didn't find one that i liked until i found the one that i bought.And started to need some parts and advice and thin i remembered that i had found vintage-vans site.So i went on one day and found it again and the rest is history. This site rocks cheers cheers cheers .....And i wish that i could know each and everyone .....a j rake.....rakehell
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 pm

My wife calls it mid-life crisis but I just saw a vintage chevy last summer up in New Hampshire as I was going by Cheshire Fair Grounds where we used to go to truckins when we used to belong to a Van Club called Second Generation Truckers back in the 80's. I got the bug again and was searching google and happened to use the word "vintage" in my description. Man, I was thrilled to see that I wasn't the only one who had a passion for these old vans.
    Everyone on this site seems to have that common thread and it's great to see how helpful everyone is to those who aren't so mechanically inclined as others, me included. It's like having a huge group of friends you've never even met. cheers bom

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:28 am

I wanted a van for a long time. I'M NO MECHANIC but like everything else I do, I jump in and then have to figure it out. After the van arrived I got to (panicing) looking around online for parts and sites. I found a few that were so so and some of no help at all. Then like a shinny ray of hope I found this site and all you very helpfull people who have been there and done that. When my van is done I will have you all to thank, and you will see (lots of pics) things you have done in your vans in and on mine. Thank for all the help so far, and the help you will give in the near future.
    Love this site ~ GK.
    ndjarrett
    ndjarrett

Number of posts : 357
    Registration date : 2011-05-01

Post by ndjarrett Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 am

My wife says I'm "crazy...you americans (she's Chinese) always want more"! LOL I can't afford to do muscle cars (thanks Barret-Jackson) and have always loved vans. Came across this site while googling early vans for sale and joined up. Also on VCVC & a coupla Ford Yahoo groups.
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 am

I'm in the same boat when it comes to the muscle cars, Love to have, but can,t afford. My wife knows I'm crazy, but she loves this van. She dosen't know how much $$$ is in it. The day I stop wanting more , I'll dig a hole,jump in and pull the dirt in over my head!
    ~ GK.
    scrubba
    scrubba

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-01-18

Post by scrubba Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:39 pm

I guess originally, I came here looking for any old customers/ vanners/ or clubs that were in Texas , Oklahoma , Louisiana or maybe Alabama . See, I used to wn a place in Houston that actually made parts for the 1st generation vans like Chevrolet 64-70 and Ford 61-8. Now we also made a lotta stuff for the newer vans too.

Today, I do Meusuiem exhibits , architectural models and a few doll houses . I still help with Early Ford , ( 1932-53 driveline problems ) and when I can, some sheet metal fabrication. Meanwhile , I've had several computer crashes and I've not been on this forum for several reasons , none having any thing to with this place except not having a working computer .

Point is , I'm here , there , an somewhere . I'm still doing a lot of models of vans and dioramas .
    Leftcoast65
    Leftcoast65

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-08-27

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 4 Empty How did I find VintAGE-Vans?

Post by Leftcoast65 Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 pm

DONIVAN65 led me to this site after spotting my van a the Pacific Beach Car Show a couple years a go. Have been on the VCVC site since 2006. So thank you DONIVAN65 and all you do to help us keep these old girls on the road. And a shout out of thanks to all of you who have posted your vans and your fixes for vans!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 pm