VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
EconoUSAparts
rev.chuck
6 posters

disc brake conversion

rev.chuck

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-03-08

disc brake conversion Empty disc brake conversion

Post by rev.chuck Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 pm

anyone know what fits? i can make the caliper bracket myself need to know what rotor will fit on the axle
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

disc brake conversion Empty Re: disc brake conversion

Post by EconoUSAparts Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:43 pm

What you use depends on the bracket type and location,wheel size,caliper,and sway bar. It all needs to be considered. If you want to make it simple,justy use the D and D kit. No guess work whatsoever. To date, I havent heard of anyone having a single problem with it. Most other options require maching of the hub,rotor,spindle,a spacer, or something which means problems if you are on the road and something fails since you probably wont be near a machine shop when it happens.
    kgdb
    kgdb

Number of posts : 266
    Registration date : 2009-12-03

Post by kgdb Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:11 am

I second the D and D kit, they have done all the homework for you, just plug and play. I am in the process of doing their brake kit, looks great and solid.

kgdb
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:35 pm

D&D worked for me!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:49 pm

I used D&D and highly recommend Dennis' kit
    rustrocket84

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by rustrocket84 Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Vanishing,

Cool to see another IE van on here. I just joined up and missed econowest today. My next kid is due anyday now, and I couldn't risk being 2 hours away, and be tempted by vans and beer.
    Anyway does the D&D use calipers and rotors that'll be easy to come by? I sent them a message today, but I'm as patient as a rabid ass dog looking at some fresh meat. Figure my first modification will be so I can stop better, and have seen the D&D kit and one other I can't remember the name of. Only problem with the other is I'd have to change my wheels and I believe they are the originals and I really don't want to. Any info would be appreciated. Not sure if there are any gatherings for IE people sometime soon or not.
    score602
    score602

Number of posts : 140
    Registration date : 2010-04-05

Post by score602 Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:02 pm

aren't the calipers from an 80's gm g body?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:34 pm

rustrocket84 wrote:Vanishing,

Cool to see another IE van on here. I just joined up and missed econowest today. My next kid is due anyday now, and I couldn't risk being 2 hours away, and be tempted by vans and beer.
    Anyway does the D&D use calipers and rotors that'll be easy to come by? I sent them a message today, but I'm as patient as a rabid ass dog looking at some fresh meat. Figure my first modification will be so I can stop better, and have seen the D&D kit and one other I can't remember the name of. Only problem with the other is I'd have to change my wheels and I believe they are the originals and I really don't want to. Any info would be appreciated. Not sure if there are any gatherings for IE people sometime soon or not.
    Everything is easy to get. Here in the IE we have quite a few events my van club goes to. The really big one is the Route 66 Rendezvous in San Bernardino with over 500000 people attending. My club is putting on an event in conjunction with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation next weekend. It is considered the best run and organized show in southern Calif. and has two van classes. Another big show is the Veterans Car show at the VA Hospital in Loma Linda.
    rustrocket84

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by rustrocket84 Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for the response. Dennis from D&D called me this morning and I talked with him for a little while and got some good information. I've got to check my van out a bit more to make sure I can use the kit without changing my wheels. Hopefully I don't have to even though I have a set of 15" mags already for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am