VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van

65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van Empty 65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:32 am

Bought the old FIRE van, but haven;t done a thing with her yet, still sitting in the back yard,,,, I am seriously looking at building a RAT ROD out of her.... making the running gear pristine and then stopping the really bad rust,,,lowering her down and leveling... anyone ever build a rat rod out of a "G"??? Lots of rust, but body is straight and all... Been away from the site a while.... Just holla!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van Empty Re: 65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:01 am

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

65 Delux Rat Rod form the FIRE van Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:45 am

Welcome back Grinder!!!! How about a new picture of the van

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:19 pm

I;ll have to get some. I am out of town now, but soon as I get home, I am gonna get her up and out of the yard, and I;ll get some pics... Shes still in rough shape, but I think shes salvageable... Cannot see her goin to the junker quite yet. We gonna see if we can get a little more life out of her... I;ll keep ya;ll posted.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for the links Dan!!! I really like what that cat did to his van... I got the old fire van under cover right now,,,,keepin her outta the weather and all... As soon as i get off oUTAGE season---bout mid to end of May--- I have plans to pull her up out of the yard and into the LIGHT of the driveway, and GO CRAZY on it.... clean clean clean... media blast the rough spots and fix em. I figure it is gonna take tons of work...but I;ll get it done..... May need to get a Doner van also..... Im lookin in the atlanta area... But I;ll keep ya;ll up to speed on her!!! BAD BOY RAT ROD....BUT DONE UP RIGHT!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 am