VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up.

mr. duece

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up. Empty Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up.

Post by mr. duece Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:14 am

Good Morning,
    I am new to the forum. I've been lurking around for sometime and really enjoy the pics, stories, and all the knowledge on this site. I have a couple question's regarding the early econoline pick ups. I have been actively trying to purchase a truck and am close to a deal on a 64. My main concern is, it does not have a metal v.i.n. plate in the drivers door jamb like I have seen on others of this year. The buyer seems honest but tells me they all did not have plates on the door. Is this true? I'd like to buy the truck but don't want to have problems once it gets back to Illinois where it will be titled. Also was wondering where I can get info. on options. I know there wasn't many but some have dash pads, glove box doors, heaters, radio's, etc. and some don't. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Don bounce

Sorry for such a long post. Very Happy
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up. Empty Re: Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up.

Post by 61econoline Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 am

There are other spots on the truck that have the vin number stamped on them.I believe they all had the metal plates in the door jamb area tho.I would check with your DMV and see what they require.I went through some problems getting my truck titled in FL from CA but this was due to an extra number on the title.
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up. Empty Re: Help with v.i.n. plates on early econoline pick up.

Post by Magic Bus Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

I know some have the vin# stamped just behind the rear of the engine doghouse, and some have it stamped actually under the lip of the doghouse,ie you have to remove it to see the #'s. On the vans its also on a plate behind the tailight, though mine is not in that spot. Good luck. Big T
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Vin on my Pick-up is stamped on the cross brace on passenger side near the tail light.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Welcome to the site!!!! If you want a dash pad they do come up on ebay or maybe a member has one to sell, other items still can be had. I would say for the most part econo's are easier to find parts for compaired to chevy's and dodge's
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:53 pm

They all had VIN plates either in the drivers door jamb by the hinges or later on the read edge of the drivers door itself. If its truly a 64 the VIN is under the doghouse lip and not visible. Its also inside the bed on the brace by the tail light,usually the passenger side.
    If theres a bell housing hump in the bed floor area under the back window its at least a 65 model.
    mr. duece

Post by mr. duece Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks guys for the help. Guess I'll have to pass on this 64. Still looking for a clean 61-67. I know there's one out there for me. Sad
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 am

Just keep a eye out in the for sale section, we'll find you one
    mr. duece

Post by mr. duece Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 am

Thanks G-Man! By the way, you do an awesome job keeping these ads current. Don cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm