VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
Vanish
61econoline
wideload
G-Man
Magic Bus
9 posters

Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project!

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project! Empty Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project!

Post by Magic Bus Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:27 am

Hey all, I just thought I would formerly introduce myself. After a few months of reading and lurking around. What a great forum. I found this from a link off another forum, fordforums or something, I don't know, I never went back after I found this one.

Im 50 years old and started to get the itch after 33 years of missing my old econo. I got my first one for $600 when I was 17 to drive during the winter so I could "spare" my mustang from the winter driving. Only had it about 6 months. Little did I realize at the time what a hoot it would be to have and drive, let alone the memories that linger some 30 + years later. It was an early econo. I have no idea what year, memory not that good. It was gray with a yellow finished interior, bed in the back. At 17 years old what else would I need to have a good time? Very Happy .

I bought this thing as a fixer upper and man did I get a hum dinger. She's relativley solid bodywise. Someone has done a lot of prep for the paint and then give up on it. I see some panels that have been replaced/repaired with metal and some putty here and there.

I bought it knowing it had some brake and suspension issues. And ideed they do. Ive been working on it. Just bought a m/c kit from dennis. It appears that the axle is worn at the kingpin and needs some tlc at the local machine shop.

I can't believe how worn some of the parts are. Its not in my nature to let anything get to the point of shot/ worn out completely. This thing has just been run and run and run.

Shortly after making the deal on the econo I lovingly named it the "Magic Bus"

Check out my gallery I made thanks to Donivan and Chebby.

Its a 1967 cargo Econoline. 170 6, 3 on the tree with a 4:56 Shocked 9 inch rear axle

I walk around it and grin. Thinking about the good ole days when I had mine as a teenager.

This looks like the long term project to me, Im making great progress mechanically, then Im going for paint, then the interior.

My friends...er well...my wife...calls me Big T Very Happy

Im amused with the phrase I found here somewhere..."Six in a row makes it go"

Im gonna be around here for a long time so get used to me..

Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project! Empty Re: Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 am

Welcome to the forums.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project! Empty Re: Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project!

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 am

Welcome!!!! Glad you found one to save. Beings most of our vans were work vans , wear is a big issue for most of us. I believe your up for the job
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:29 am

Welcome to the forum Magic Bus !!!!!!!! This is a great place for info, help and friends. Don't hesitate to ask questions or post your solutions to problems. Everybody really likes pic's.

61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Welcome to the site glad to hear another ones being saved.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 pm

We Always Got Room for another EconoLine ......... WELCOME IN ........

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Well Terry, since you are on such a roll, you might as well put the song up and see if anyone gets it,,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Howdy........................and welcome.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you on board!!!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Staggering into the forum with a newly owned 1967 project! Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome aboard to a really cool site. Just for the record, Im currently doing a Magic Bus Econoline window van myself. Im a big Who fan and was in attendance in Cincinnati when the tragedy occurred. I lost a classmate that evening and I ll never forget it.
    Mine will be painted like a school bus with a little custom twist to it. I ve got some neat ideas planned for it as i ve been planning it for years.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:40 pm

And Donivan,you can not buy my Magic Bus. I dont care if you waaant it,you waaaant it,you waaant it. You CAAAANT HAVE IT!!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Oh No! now there are 2 of you guys,,,,,,

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm

welcome big t
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9bvuAV-Ao

per request... Very Happy

I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I drive my baby every way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    Each time I go a different way (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    I want it, i want it, I want it, I want it ...

Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, the Magic Bus)
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 am

So what is going on here,,,,AmeriVan Idle????
    well Hop on the Bus, Gus,,,,,,,,Get in your van, Dan,,,,,Fire up the Chevy, Chebby,,,,,,
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm

EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Actually theres a little more to the title of mine than just Magic Bus but I dont wanna reveal it all yet. It definitely wont look like the bus on the who album cover,that's for sure. It's actually multi themed now that I think about it but that's all Im sayin. Mumm's the word.

Can you ever really have too many magic buses?????

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 pm

welcome to the forum and nice to meet you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm