VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Anybody ever seen one of these??

savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Anybody ever seen one of these?? Empty Anybody ever seen one of these??

Post by savage Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Brain got a 69 108 sportvan Custom he got from a guy in KA. Its got a molded pad on the back of the doghouse. He said it looks like theres supose to be a front part ,but he didn't get it ,or know if it had one??[img]Anybody ever seen one of these?? 100_2210[/img][img]Anybody ever seen one of these?? 100_2211[/img]
    Its molded the same color as the seats(green)& upper trim panels. Has anybody ever seen one of these before?? or seen the whole set (front & rear)??
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Anybody ever seen one of these?? Empty Re: Anybody ever seen one of these??

Post by VANagain Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

That reminds me of a vinyl cover they put on the back of the doghouse in Sportvan Deluxe's. I think it came with the vinyl interior package. I think the idea was to keep passengers in the back from hurting their knees or something. Kind of a poor attempt. Your second gen one looks much better. Is it hollow plastic or is it foam rubber? Maybe it's more of a sound and heat insulator, especially if went all the way around. That would look nicer than gluing carpet to it!

Anybody ever seen one of these?? Doghou10
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:16 am

I have never seen one of those, but it does look stock. Bet it a fix to stop the back of the doghouse from getting dented like they all do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 pm