VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

what mufflers

dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

what mufflers Empty what mufflers

Post by dix Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:37 pm

what mufflers are going to sound good . i am putting a 318 in with regular exaust manifold what muffler will sound good with out being to loud of to quite what are you running

what mufflers Empty Re: what mufflers

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 pm

I guess that it all depends on how much $ you want to spend. I have flowmaster 50's on my 108 but I have a 440 not a 318. They sound great
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I have the flowmaster 50's also, nice sound but not overly load

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Flowmaster Delta Force Racing mufflers, single chamber. They are pretty loud but not loud enough to be illegal.They will get you noticed. Dual chambers are as not as loud and triple chambers are fairly quiet.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:05 am

I run cherrybombs on just about everything I own. I really cant get into the "tinny" flowmaster sound. I have the some what original exhaust on the 65 with a 273, just a stock y-pipe and what appears to be a real old thrush or smithy 2" straight out to the back. It doesnt look pretty like the rest of the van, but man it sounds killer! Its mellow untill you get on it. Im going to try some smithys and run dual exhaust. Muffler placement is just after the tranny.
    bugeye bob
    bugeye bob

Number of posts : 383
    Registration date : 2009-02-02

Post by bugeye bob Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

i recently purchased a flowmaster series 80 muffler for the bugeye it has a inlet and two outlet to make it somewhat dual exhaust, it sounds pretty good on their video just wonder how it will sound leaving the slant 6. my only concern since i plan to run them out infront of the rear tires is it crossing over or under the driveshaft.
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:13 am

I have headders on my slant 6 the pipe that crosses over to the right is just under the tranny tailshaft , I would think that using that 80 series muffler. I would set it up kinda like the aftermarket exhaust systems for late model pickups, Run a single pipe to the muffler, and have 2 exiting pipes go over the rearend. One going straight out and the other between the rearend and gas tank and out the back on the right. A good muffler shop could make something like that. I dont run any pipe larger than 2" on a six.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Running these thrush 2 chamber allumininum welded mufflers just the right sound outside but pretty quiet inside(engine is a small block chev) Price $32.95 each Bill
    what mufflers Thrushmuffler

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:41 am