Seth G
Seth G
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2034
Registration date : 2013-04-24

Bronco Bumper Empty Bronco Bumper

Post by Seth G on Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm curious if anyone has installed an early Bronco bumper on their van? They are fairly cheap and appear to be the perfect width @ 68 1/2" or so and appear to be a similar shape. Compare that to the 75" of my 64's front bumper. They do mount totally different of course.

Bronco Bumper Brb1_1.1288
vanny
vanny

Number of posts : 12628
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Bronco Bumper Empty Re: Bronco Bumper

Post by vanny on Fri May 22, 2020 3:13 pm

Seth, I asked that question before and got very little response...like you said, it's the perfect width but not quite the same shape. i've seen them on Broncos and they don't look too bad...and you can get them at a reasonable price...

I think there was an early Econo that had one mounted but I haven't been able to find the pic...if I do, I will post it...

I still haven't found the Bronco bumper pics but here's a couple of guys who put Camaro bumpers and they look pretty sharp...

HipEVan (Eric) rear... Bronco Bumper Hipeva10

and Dan from Econo FB site Camaro on front... Bronco Bumper Econoc21

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
thebronc4019
thebronc4019

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2019-06-17

Post by thebronc4019 on Sat May 23, 2020 4:10 am

I was thinking that a first generation Camaro bumper would look good on my van, do you know what year the bumper was from on the blue van in the previous post?
vanny
vanny

Number of posts : 12628
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny on Sat May 23, 2020 4:48 am

Bronc, the bumper on Eric's (Hip E van) blue van is from a 69 Camaro...Here's his thread with info and pics of the bumper...  https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/t51119p100-my-new-63-falcon

Seth, here's a pic from the FB econo site a a Bronco bumper on the van...the ends of the bumper angle in and kinda match the angled shape of the Econo chin as well...

Bronco Bumper Econow12

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
jrdunn96
jrdunn96

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2016-01-01

Post by jrdunn96 on Sat May 23, 2020 6:59 am

That looks good! It looks like a truck bumper, while the from the Camaro looks like a car bumper. I guess it comes down to the look you are going for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 pm