VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Empty Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass

Post by Scott Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Working on window fuzzes I discovered this bottom rail missing.

Actually if you look at the picture you will see its on the bottom of the window, but the piece under it, where the window regulator wheel lives, is missing.

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Window20

savage
    savage

Number of posts : 2626
    Registration date : 2008-05-15

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Empty Re: Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass

Post by savage Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:04 pm

PM me your info Scott I got some spares
    savage
    savage

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Empty Re: Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass

Post by savage Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Here you go Scott. Ill get them going your way.
    Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Img_0722
    Need any other small stuff(sorry can't stuff a bumper in this package)
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:39 am

LOL,  I'll send you a larger box if you can put a bumper in it.

I think that's it, but a week ago I thought I was completely covered for parts specific to our vans.

But, I am covered for now..

I really dig your side kicks in the picture. I guess that's your security guards?

Thank you again, let me know if you're looking for anything.
    savage
    savage

Post by savage Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:18 am

I kind of use them for my Trademark( found them in a car at Junk yard Cool Sent the window tracks out this AM. Glad to help you out.
    Seems like you sent me some parts when I was putting the 67 from IL back together
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:29 pm

Thank you Savage, these look great.

I really appreciate you sending them, and will have my window working by this weekend.

I'll be sure to post the after pictures too.
    Scott
    Scott

Post by Scott Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 am

I cleaned up the rail and painted it.

The finished install is a little messy, the black glue I used got everywhere.  But it works great, I'm very happy with it.  The blue you see is grease. Nobody can see the mess with the panel installed anyway.  I cleaned it up a little more after this was taken.

Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Img_0510

I also sprayed the inside of the doors with Fluid Film to help keep the rust away.
    Needing front passenger window rail that glues to the bottom of the glass Downlo11

Thank you again Savage
    savage
    savage

Post by savage Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:33 am

Glad to help Scott. Glad you glued it on My friend Tom (Millright71) got new glass,. he got the seating tape, we couldn't get the track on glass?? He ended up gluing them on glass also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm